Today I'm joining Link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0.
Now, before I keep going, I feel a warning needs to be put here. I do not offer you healthier options on food, and will not tell you to cut your portions... I am simply not that type of blogger. There are many other wonderful bloggers who have those wonderful tips and amazing ideas. You can find them in the link up.... they are awesome!
Is there anybody still reading? Good, thanks! Here are my favorite Holiday foods
1. Tamales-This pockets of deliciousness take all day to make. But they are more than worth the wait. Unfortunately, because mills are not common sights in this country, we have to make them out of corn flour, they are still delicious, but not as moist at the fresh corn ones.
|I cover my tamales in mole sauce|
2. Mole- this is a thick sauce, there is many different varieties of this sauce in Mexico, but at my parents, we make two types. One is the simple version, with dried peppers, tomatillos, and garlic. The second is dried peppers, a lot of different spices, which include all spice, pepper, salt, almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts. This second Mole is the one we have for Thanksgiving, and it is delicious with Mexican red rice and turkey.
3. Pozole-this one is a red hominy soup with pork meat. We top this delicious soup with fresh shredded lettuce, lime and fresh chopped onions. It is so delicious! And my Mom only makes it once a year. It's a lot of work.
|Step 2 of Poloze, picking the good kernels... there is 3 more steps after this one.|
4. Chocolate Domes- Any other day of the year, I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but on the holidays I love those delicious chocolate mousse confections!
5. Wine- Of course Wine is good any time of the year, but it is oh so nice to enjoy two glasses of wine on a weeknight, knowing I don't have to be up at 6:00 am... and I could have that 3rd glass.
What foods are the staples of your holidays?
What is your favorite holiday dessert?
How many glasses is too many during the holidays?
Who is coming over to my house for the holidays?