Weekly Wrap 11.27.16

Good Monday Morning to you! How are you today? I hope you are having an awesome day and a fantastic Holiday weekend!

This week linking up with Holly and Tricia.





Work outs
Wednesday - Zumba
Thursday- Turkey Trot
Sunday - 9(ish) miles trail with Megan.


On Monday we did some light Christmas Decorating, my son was to be with his Dad for a whole week, and Roger couldn't handle not having him around to decorate the Christmas tree. We also had the first Thanksgiving dinner of the week. This whole day was exhausting! But very well worth it.


When I decorate the Christmas Tree, I need to have Elf (the movie) playing in the background, or I just can't function. but that day, I couldn't find the movie anywhere. I was losing it a little, so I opened the sparkling wine. That made it better.

On Thursday we did the local Turkey Trot, there were Turkey Trots all over, but we did the one closest to us, because I like the course. It was great fun!





After that we headed to my parents for official Thanksgiving celebrations. I was looking forward to helping my mom with cooking, but I felt sick and tired and could barely stand. So I cuddled with my niece and we watched videos on TV most of the day.

My niece's head on my belly, we were watching Let It Go for the 100th time that day.
After the Thanksgiving got on its way, we ate lots of good food. And did pictures, because we only dress up a few times per year.

 

On Friday my sister, Roger and I marathon watched Gilmore Girls- A Year In The Life. It was awesome. We know the last 4 words. No spoilers.


On Sunday Megan invited me to run in the park nearby, and I accepted her invite and off we went. It was awesome! We had a great long run, but I'm pretty sure I slowed her down a lot. Thanks Megan!!

Picture by Megan
How was your holiday?
how was your weekend?
Did anybody else watch Gilmore Girls?
What did you think of the Last 4 words?
Is your Christmas Tree up yet?
Do you have a movie you watch while decorating?
Did you do a Turkey Trot?

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great week! I haven't had a chance to watch the new Gilmore Girls yet. I'm trying to avoid spoilers until the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay away from all social media and Buzzfeed.. there is lots of articles around now of the Four Words.

      Delete
  2. Not even gonna play. I've seen maybe 20 Gilmore Girls episodes total, but I looked up the last four words. I read an article or two that "analyzed" them. But mostly I'm just nosy. I figure that's a show I'll watch in it's entirety eventually, but it kind of seems like nothing much happens.

    It always cracks me up to see the contrast at Thanksgiving. Your family looks all nice & dressed up. And I wore yoga pants, that weren't even clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja ja! you are right! nothing really happens in the show, and that's why it's a favorite of mine.

      ja ja ja!! I hope they were super comfy yoga pants! I don't even remember who started the dress up for thanksgiving thing at my parents... but it's likely because we spend the rest of the year in jeans and questionable hoodies.

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely STUNNING in your Thanksgiving dress!!! I love that Roger wanted to wait until your son got there to decorate the tree. That Roger is golden. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy! you are too kind!

      He loves my boy so much! he is golden!

      Delete
  4. You know Elf is the only Christmas movie I don't like! I know I am in the minority. Everyone I know loves Elf. :) Do you like Bad Santa? Not exactly a feel good movie but pretty funny. My favorite Christmas movies are Home Alone and While You Were Sleeping. Meg Ryan movies are good too. :)

    You all like great dressed up at Thanksgiving! We don't dress up in our family.

    I had a great time running with you. Whenever we got angry we'd run faster, which reminded me of running with my friend Terri. When she gets hyped up she GOES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you don't like Elf! We have loved that movie for years! it just never gets old.

      I saw Bad Santa when I was in college, but dont' remember much of it. I'll watch it again. We have watched Home Alone So many time at my house, my son LOVES It!

      I had a great time running with you too! ja ja! yes, and we also sped up when we needed to pass people to keep talking freely.

      Delete
  5. You all look lovely!!!

    You know I never watched Gilmore girls but now you have me curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Gilmore Girls is a great show! check it out if you have time!

      Delete
  6. I binged Gilmore Girls too on Friday. I loved it! And I loved the last 4 words too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the 4 last words, I was happy with the show and what happened, even the weird play... which is so Stars Hallow.

      Delete
  7. I've never watched Gilmore Girls (so yes, I'm clueless). We love the movie Elf! I took full advantage of the college kid being home to help me finish up the decorations. You look lovely in your dress. How nice to do a trail run with Megan. Thanks for linking, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elf Rocks!! My brother was home from college too, and mom had him put out his Christmas stuff too!

      Delete
  8. How fun that you got to run with Megan! I love blogger meet ups. As you know, I'll be having one this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Wendy! How fun! you are all having a great racing weekend soon! and in Florida! Party hard!

      Delete
  9. Thank you Karen! it was nice to dress up.

    I hope you find a blogger buddy soon!

    Gilmore Girls is a TV show from the late 90s, early 2000's. It ended 10 years ago, and Netflix brought it back. It's one of the few shows I've watched. It was good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment