Weekly Wrap 11.20.16

Good Morning,

I hope you had a good weekend! It was cold here.

This week linking up with Holly and Tricia.



Workouts
Monday- 3.5 Mile run
Thursday- 4 mile tempo and 1 Zumba class
Friday- 3.5 miles (sprints and rest)
Sunday - Girls On The Run 5K

The Sunday,  after spectating the Harrisburg Marathon, I did not feel like running at all. But I promised myself that I would run on Monday. During lunch, I saw that the local running club was having a Full Moon run, where they would stop at 3 bars for a beer. And so I went, not for the beer, because I'm not big on drinking, but for the company.

There, I found my running friends Jodi, and Ryan. It felt so good to be running with friends! I went home feeling so great!

Picture from HARRC Twitter  

On Thursday I went to the Fleet Feet group run, where I ran with my new running buddy, Adriane. We talked for the entire 4 miles that we were running, it was such a great run! She is sarcastic like me, so we were laughing a lot too.

Right before I went to run with Fleet Feet, I heard a report on NPR that made me very upset and anxious. After the 4 miles, I couldn't shake off the anxiety, so I headed to a Thursday Zumba at the YMCA. And I don't know if my brain needed the super loud music, or if I'm just lowering my expectations, but it did not suck.


Sunday was cold and windy, but I had the Girls On The Run 5K. I put on my warm running stuff and after some hot coffee, I ran my 5K. I'll do a recap later this week.



I have a short work week, and a Turkey Trot that I'm very excited for... but I'm coming down with a cold now... ugh! But I'm going to make my body a inhospitable environment until this cold leaves me.


Are you finally ready for Thanksgiving?
Who raced this weekend?
When was your last beer run?
Last group run?
How loud do you like your music when you are stressed or anxious?



Comments

  1. I hope that cold stays away! I can't believe how drastic the weather changed from Saturday to Sunday around here. I actually haven't had a cold run yet this season so i'm actually looking forward to one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to keep it away, hoping my body will fight it.

      I can't believe you are looking forward to a cold!

      Delete
  2. I raced this weekend, YAY! I said after it was 70 here on Friday and freezing and rainy on Saturday & snowing on Sunday that everybody was going to end up with a cold. I know science says the temperature changes don't make it more likely. But science be damned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on an awesome race Jessie!!

      Oh I know! I was all sweaty after my race, and the wind make me feel like I had a fever! ugh!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you made a new friend! I met my best friend at a running group 6 years ago. It's awesome when you can find a close friend who is also a runner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty awesome time to make a friend! and a runner friend, even better!

      Delete
  4. I had my first really cold run today at 25 degrees. I had to find all of my hats and gloves and buffers to stay warm. I don't mind cold runs, I just hate having to put on 5 layers to do my run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Heather! Find all the hats, all the gloves and all the jackets! I just need to adjust to the temperature first.

      Delete
  5. You look cold in that picture! I can't believe you ran Sunday. It was brutal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep seeing the picture and thinking I look cold, but it was right after the race and I wanted to take off my vest more than anything.

      It was cold, but once I got going, it was ok.

      Delete
  6. Yay for short work weeks!! my co-worker and I said that this short week gave us motivation to get up today.

    I hope you figure out plans for thanksgiving soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better for your race! I think I get sick or injured right around Thanksgiving every year. This year I decided not to race on Thursday, and surprise surprise I'm feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gretchen! God plan! I hope you continue to feel great and enjoy your holiday!

      Delete
  8. I hope you feel better soon! The runs with friends sound fun. Though I can't imagine drinking three beers while running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chaitali! Welcome back!

      I can't imagine the beers either, but I think next time I'm going to get a small appetizer... I was hungry.

      Delete
  9. I usually turn my tunes up to 11 when I need to shut out the world. Which is why I'm pretty sure I'll need a hearing aid. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blast the music in my car and my headphones really high!! I will be needing hearing aids later in my life.. I just know it.

      Delete
  10. I hope you feel better.

    I am running in a race this Thanksgiving and I am hoping it's not to cold. I hate to run in the cold.

    Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you were able to see the full moon on your run! I've never done a beer run. I find it nearly impossible to get motivated enough to run after work. It would be nice to run with someone occasionally though. I hope you were able to knock out that cold. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and Turkey Trot! Thanks for linking, Ana!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment