Giving Thanks For Everything

When Thanksgiving rolls around, we all make a point to be grateful for the things we hold dear, our family, our children, our partners, our running shoes, our health. But a few years ago, I saw a picture on Pinterest that reminded me of being grateful for the things that are annoying, not only on Thanksgiving, but everyday.

I'm thankful for being stuck in traffic- because it means I have a car to be stuck in traffic with.

I'm thankful for the line at Starbucks- because this means I have a job and income that allow me small random expensive coffee treats.



I'm thankful for the fights I have with my siblings- because if we can fight, it means they are healthy, have a strong opinion on something and believe on something. < Even if it's hurtful at the time.... my older sister likes to pull my hair.

she might be shorter than me, but she still pulls my hair.


I'm thankful for my son's tantrums and meltdowns- same as with my siblings, I am always oh so grateful that he is healthy, smart and able to fight negotiate with me on bed times and getting more toys.

Tia= Aunt ... My son has called his Tia to come and get him before.



 
I am so grateful for all of you who take the time to come and read my random thoughts, especially when I get political and depressing. I have connected with so many wonderful people and I love reading your adventures in life!
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Suzy, have an awesome Thursday! We are stuffing our faces with turkey and tortillas!!







Comments

  1. Oh Ana what a cool idea! Perspective is EVERYTHING. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy! I hope you are having an awesome day !!

      Delete
  2. I love this! I try not to let things bother me because in the end there is SO much to be thankful for that little annoyances like traffic, lines, and disagreements are nothing! Hope you had a great day Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I have the same perspective -- be thankful even when things aren't the best, because that means that there is plenty of great things around you (in order for those "bad" things to be "bad")! Happy Thanksgiving, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to give thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always learn something or am reminded of something when I read your blog. And one thing we always need to be reminded is that no matter how shitty we have it, we do have it GOOD. :) Thanks Ana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you are thankful for especially fights with family. Like you said it means that you are all healthy. I hope you had a happy thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this unconventional gratitude list.

    I'm grateful for chafing and sore muscles, because it means I've been running.

    I'm grateful for heartburn and exhausted mornings, because it means I stayed up eating with family and enjoying their company.

    I'm grateful for stressing out on a Sunday night, because it means I had a wonderful break from work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment