Weekly Wrap 11.06.16

Ahhh!! Hello there! How are you ? How is your morning going? I got a flat tire on my way to work this morning! I wanted to feel miserable and mad, but I enjoyed the opportunity to walk to Starbucks and have a slow breakfast. And hey, now my car will have a new tire!

As always on Monday, linking up with Holly and Tricia.

 

Shout outs to those who raced: Marcia, Meranda and Lacey, Karen .... Who am I forgetting? You ladies are AWESOME!!

Workouts 
Thursday: 4 mile run with Fleet Feet
Friday: sprint intervals 3.5 miles and weighs 
Saturday: 6 mile hike
Sunday : Hero Run 5K(ish) + 4 miles easy

On Monday we had our local Trick or Treat, so hard to believe Halloween is now a week ago. We got lots of candy, and Roger didn't appreciate my suggestion of giving out carrots for Trick or Treat. I made my son wear all of my reflective gear and all my blinkers. Can't risk drivers not seeing him.


All the candy he got... including a Duck Dynasty beard pop
 
On Thursday I got dressed and ready for the Fleer Feet run, but when I got there, I didn't see anybody. I was about to leave, when I saw Fred and one more person waiting to start running, so I gout out of the car. During the run Fred talked to us about his goals for his 50K... He is representing the USA at the World 50K championships in Qatar... And his goal is to come under 3 hours. I couldn't believe my luck! I have been running with the Fleet Fee Group for almost a year, and I had hardly ever had the chance to talk to Fred, and I was running with a man who will be representing the USA at a world championship ! He is a very humble guy, always greets me by name. So awesome to have run with him !

On Saturday we headed out to Rickets Glen state park for our annual visit. We just love that park! We did the Waterfalls Trail, which is a difficult 6.5 miles with lots of climbing. But it is so worth the views of the waterfalls. The best part of going there, was to be completely disconnected from the news. As the Elections draw closer, the non stop cycle of "Breaking News" has become very stressful.



Sunday I had the Hero Run,  I went as Selena, because she is my Hero, has been since I was 12.  I'll do a full recap later this week.. Spoiler Alert: No singing took place at this race, but I had so much fun! My legs felt great, even after the hike the day before.




How was your week?
When was the last time you got a flat? (this was a first for me)
How was your Trick or Treat?
What is the healthiest treat you have given out?
If you did a Hero Run, Who would you run as?
What did you do with your Halloween Candy?
 




 

Comments

  1. I don't think I've ever had a flat tire! Thank goodness. I'm impressed that you were able to turn your morning around and have some Starbucks! Your costume is so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was going to be in a bad mood about it, but I was just so glad it didn't happen when my kid was in the car with me. And I really enjoyed the breakfast sandwich at Starbucks!

      Delete
  2. The superhero theme sounds like a lot of fun for the race! I love your Selena outfit :) We thankfully had no left-over Halloween candy, we gave it all out to the kids in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of fun! So many people in costumes always makes for a great race!

      We had no candy left, but my son brought lots of candy home.

      Delete
  3. I used to get flats all the time. {knock on wood} Glad it got fixed easily. And you look so cute in your Selena costume!! I can't wait to hear about the race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very glad that I was not far from my mechanic!

      Thank you!! recap coming this week.

      Delete
  4. I love your Selena costume - it's so fabulous!!! Can't wait to hear your recap. Your Instagram pictures are awesome. So sorry to hear about the flat tire but good for you for having a good perspective about it. That is not easy to do, especially on a Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! it was such a great race! I had to post it all in the 'gram!

      I had forgotten all about Monday Morning! until I called my boss to tell him I was running late.

      Delete
  5. Loved Rickets Glenn when we were there! My friend joked that they weren't enjoying the extra hour from Fall Back 'cause all it did was make them listen to an extra hour of political nonsense. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could just live in Rickets Glen... until I needed a Frappuccino, anyway.

      I have been completely disconnected from the radio and tv since Thursday, so enjoyed my extra hour not listening to any election stuff.

      Delete
  6. I hope your 5k went well! I saw your epic finisher pic. :) Healthiest treat I gave out... a pencil?? I'd really like to hit up Rickett's Glen before it gets too cold! We did it a couple years ago. I don't know what trail we did but there's no way it was 6.5 miles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! It went well! I forgot how quickly 5Ks go by!

      Have you seen the falls in Rickets Glen? That is the only trail we have done there.

      Delete
  7. I'd love to run in my Wonder Woman tunic! I kept it, just in case...

    Flat tire? I've had a few...

    I believe that chocolate counts as a health food, and that's what I give out on Halloween...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Save the tunic Wendy, I'm sure you will find a race for it.

      Delete
  8. How fun to do a hero race? Gosh I don't even know what I'd dress up like but I would dress up! Wow look at all that candy! We didn't have the first trick or treater so my husband got all the candy! Thankfully it is about gone and I didn't have to throw it out so I wouldn't eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh. I am the world's worst about picking up screws and nails in my tires! I gave out every piece of Halloween candy. It only lasted one hour. No leftovers for me. I miss that my kids have gotten too old for trick or treating. They used to give me all the Almond Joy and Mounds. You look so good as Selena! Thanks for linking, Ana!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment