Friday Five 11.4.16- About Me

Happy Friday! How is your Friday going? Excited for the weekend?

Today I'm joining Link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0.
By now, if you have read this blog for at least 2 days in a row, you will know that I am a Mexican woman, a mom of an awesome boy, a taco lover, a runner who sings at races and random situation dancer.

Today's Theme for the Friday Five 2.0 is 5 Things about me, so here.. 5 things you might, or might not know about me.



1. I don't like reheated food. The thought of reheated food stresses me out. I have two reasons for this, I. over- sensitive taste buds II. I learned it from my dad.



2. People who meet me in Real life often think that I'm depressed because I wear a lot of black. Black is my favorite color, it has been since I was about 8. Put me in yellow and I might just cry. 

source
 
3. I have a really good memory... for things that I chose to remember. I used to know what each of the participant of our program was doing, all 300 of them. Now, I chose to not remember that information. And as I'm getting older, my memory is not as good as it used to be. But I still know my Library card number.

4. I cry a movies, TV shows, books, the News, Sunday Morning stories. I was a complete mess every time I went to see Les Miserables at the Movie Theater, even thought I knew how it will end. I can't watch Selena without crying at the end. I'm a mess!




5. I cook 95% of my food from scratch, because that is the only way I know how to make my food. So, if I have no onions and garlic at home, there might as well be nothing to eat at home.

There! 5 random things about me. How about you?

Do you cry at movies? at the news?
Do you have a good memory?
What is an essential ingredient at your house?
What is your favorite color to wear?

Comments

  1. It's funny about that pie chart. I'll be fine during a movie when everyone dies, but if a dog is even hurt I start balling. Love those fluffy puppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OmG! Heather, you get me. When we went to see Click, and the one dog die... I lost it!! I was pregnant at the time, so the hormones were making it worse.

      Delete
  2. You look great in black so keep rocking it any time! Salt... I need SALT on my food. :) I used to have a good memory but not so much anymore. I hope you have a good Friday! Is it an "off" Friday for you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! you are too kind!

      oh yes, salt!! good one!

      NO, I'm at work. About to step out for a school event now. next week I have off.

      Delete
  3. I wear a lot of black, too. My memory also isn't what it used to be, unless it's something I choose to remember. =) YES on cooking food from scratch, I am all about avoiding processed or packaged foods as much as possible. So much healthier! And I'm also a crier at movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Emily, I didn't worry about processed food as much as I didn't know how to make anything else.

      Movie crying is so cleansing!

      Delete
  4. I love all these things about you! I wear a lot of black too but you know why? Because I have an armpit sweating problem. :( So if I wear a fitted coloured shirt than I'll get big armpit sweat marks. IT SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy! Armpit sweating problems are no fun! My sisters all know that struggle! I know the Boob sweat struggle!

      Delete
  5. I also have the memory of an elephant... for the things that I choose to remember. I remember a ridiculous number of useless things, but I can't remember things like PEOPLE"S NAMES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you have a choosy memory too... my fiancé will ask "Did you pick up dinner? " and that's when my memory goes all "What food? Do we eat?"

      I switch out names on people too!

      Delete
  6. I love that the thought of reheated food stresses you out. What do you do with leftovers?!

    I also wear a lot of black. Because it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a lot of leftovers, and when we do, my fiancé eats it. He loves all and any food.

      Black is awesome! I'm glad you get me!

      Delete
  7. I love leftovers--in fact, I make extra food so I can take it to work for lunch. I guess an essential ingredient at our house is cheese. How sad is that? Memory? What's that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese is yummy!! Not sad at all. I went to take my car to the mechanic this morning for my flat tire, and I had left my work bag with a block of cheese inside the car, so I asked the nice man at the mechanics, if he would get me the bag. He did. Saved my cheese.

      Delete
  8. I also make all of my meals from scratch and really love cooking. Hope you will stop by our meatless Monday linkup sometime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah! I think, I will join you for meatless Monday sometime!

      Delete
  9. I like reheated food, but SOME foods aren't easy to reheat. Fish? Some Mexican dishes? No way. And I do like some leftovers cold.

    I wear a LOT of black but it's hard to get away with in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire those who can eat reheated food! way to go Ali! There is a few holiday Mexican dishes I will eat reheated, like Tamales and Pozole.

      I bet the heat does not agree with black clothing.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous3:07 AM

    Black is just a staple color in my wardrobe....except when it comes to running/triathlon clothing. I'm with you on the garlic and onions, excellent starting point for almost any meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Stacey! exactly! I have my super bright neons for running in the dark, it's about the only time i'll wear a bright neon yellow shirt!

      What is a meal without Garlic and Onion right?

      Delete
  11. Oh, wow, I don't mind reheated food at all. I prefer leftovers for lunch at work. I don't cry at all the movies, but I do cry at a lot of them! You can't go wrong with black - except maybe at a morning wedding? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really admire you for eating reheated food!

      I say you can never go wrong with black... but maybe that's why I'm not invited to a lot of weddings.

      Delete
  12. So if you cook most of your meals from scratch do you only make enough for that one meal if you do not reheat leftovers? That seems like a lot of work.I love your graph about the dog dying. My sister has this shirt and I laugh every time she wears it. It says I do not care who dies in the movie, as long as the dog lives...haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment