I'm linking up with Holly and Tricia for their Weekly Wrap post.
Work outs this week
Monday - Zumba with Susan, and Weights
Thursday - 5mile trail run
Friday - 3 mile progression
Saturday- Masters Zumba with Denise and Susan. 4 mile hike.
Sunday - 12 miles long run
Run 20 Miles
Weight - 1
Zumba - 2
Hike 4 miles
The theme this week was soaked in sweat! It's July, which calls for lots of sweaty runs.
Thursday sweaty run at Pinchot Park with Jodi. We took a dip in the water behind us after the run.
A Friday sweaty progression
A sweaty Zumba work out... no pictures of that.
A sweaty hike at Caledonia State Park
Followed by a really yummy fresh burger at this place :
And finished the week with a super sweat soaked long run on Sunday.
So, in my long run I kept thinking about all the advice I've read in blogs about how to run in the heat... so I decided to give you my advice on it!
Ana's crazy advice for running in the Heat
- Sleep in if you need to... a run at 6:00 on a Sunday is very little fun, and Panera is not even open at 6 for breakfast! But start drinking cold water as soon as you wake up.
- Have an ice cold drink, preferably a slushy of some sort. This way you are getting some ice in your stomach and cooling you off.
- Run in a park, it's at least 10 degrees cooler in State parks, and chances are, they have a creek or a body of water to dip in after your run.
- Throw water on your head, arms and legs when you stop for water.
- Listen to cool music! Did you see The Revenant? I did, and I was wearing fleece pants and a jacket, but still felt frozen cold the entire movie. So I'm adding this idea to the music while running, think Ice Ice Baby, Let it Snow (I never understood why this was a Christmas song), Let it Go, Siempre Hace Frio (It's Always Cold) and Baby is Cold Outside. Stay away from Nelly's It's Getting Hot In Here!
- Treat yourself to a cold /Iced beverage of your choice when you are done! Because You ARE AWESOME and you just ran in the heat!
I hope you had an awesome week in Training or just an awesome week in general!
Do you have any other "Cool" Songs I don't know about?
What other running in summer advice do you have?
How is your training going?
What is the hottest you have run in? for me right now it's 93 degrees.