Tuesdays On The Run- I Love That Song!

Today's Tuesdays on The Run link up is about music and running music, and of course, I love to talk about music, maybe a little too much. So, linking up with PattyErika, and Marcia to talk about my favorite songs to run to.



By the way, last night, as I walked into Zumba with Susan, guess what song she was doing for warm up? That dreadful Justin Timberlake song! Ugh! I can't wait away from it! I took my sweet time putting on my sneakers, to delay dancing to the song. I guess I can't stop the feeling.... but I do wish I could stop that song!

I use my MP3 player for training and for long runs, like anything over 6 miles. This MP3 player has over 2,000 songs including Christmas songs. And lucky for me, my MP3 also plays the radio, so NPR is always available too!

Here are a few random songs that get me moving.

Quien Me Ha Robado Tu Corazon- Liberacion
 

When I was a teenager, my older sister loved this song. I wanted to be a rebel to I told her that it was an awful song and she had bad taste. Fastforward 20 years later, and this bring me memories of spending time with my sister, and it keeps me moving when running up the hills. It's cheesy, it's old, and perfect for a slow mile.

Sergio Mendes - Magalenha


 
This song is the perfect samba song! It starts out slow, and moves up the beat and keeps it steady to the end. I love this song in Zumba and when running. And if you think that I won't sing this song, because it's in Portuguese, you would be wrong!
 
What Up- Hector Guerra



This is my feel good song! The mix of Banda music and hip hop is perfect.

By The Way - The Red Hot Chilli Peppers


Now that I think of it, most of this songs I use for hill training.

I know some people listen to Podcast too, and in that note, here are a few podcast I'm loving too

Another Mother Runner- they talk a lot about running, so if you are not a mother, don't be intimidated by the tittle.

Invisibilia- New Season

Reveal - Their last podcast on corrupt agents in the Border Patrol had me on the edge of my toes... because I was running when I heard it.


What is your favorite hill training song?
What is your current favorite podcast?




Comments

  1. I'm dying over the dreadful Justin Timberlake song. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty! My sister finds it all very amusing, and sends me recorded audio every time she hears the song.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard the JT song but everyone is complaining about it so now I want to hear it! :) My favorite new (to me) podcasts right now are NPR Politics and The 538 Election podcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, I'm going to look up that podcasts, I heard about it on npr

      Delete
  3. I liked the JT song until it got waaaay overplayed. Isn't it crazy how music sparks such memories? Certain songs take me right back. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Marcia! I love being transported to old memories ! That's one of my reasons for loving music !

      Delete
  4. Karen, I'm going to have to
    Look up those songs, I've never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't run with music, but when I did, it tended to be pop. I don't really have feelings about JT's song one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like listening to alternative music or pop mixes. OR podcasts. I love podcasts on long runs!

    My friend Elizabeth is our Spanish teacher at school; when we create circuits to do in the classroom and put on her "workout" Pandora station, it's always full of Spanish songs mixed in with some of the trendier pop stuff, which cracks me up! I can never understand them but they are VERY motivating and upbeat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment