Weekly Wrap 3.19.17

Good Morning!! how are you today? Happy Spring! Good bye winter, thank you for reminding us of what cold feels like!



I'm  linking up with Holly and Tricia this week for the weekly wrap.



Last week was busy, and quite eventful! hold on, this weekly wrap is going to be long!

Workouts
Tuesday- Weights
Wednesday - Zumba and 2 miles of sprints
Friday - weights and 2 easy miles
Saturday- Lucky Charm 10K
Sunday- 4 miles easy recovery, and weights

Snow day work!
Tuesday we had a snow day and spent the whole day inside, doing some of my work. This giant pile of papers!!



I accidentally stapled my finger, but my son fixed me up!



Happy Moments !
On Thursday, my older sister got married, that called for dressing up ! I dug out my heels and a dress from somewhere deep in my closet.

Me, my older sister (Sister #1) and my younger sister (sister #4).
 

My sister looked GEORGEOUS and so very happy! it brought tears to my eyes! My older sister always wanted to have a big wedding, with lots of flowers and everybody dressed in white. Her wedding was small, she was the only one wearing white, but she loved every second of it!

Team Work!
On Friday, there was a message on the River Runners group,  saying that part of the route for the Lucky Charm race was still covered in snow. And that the city was threatening to cancel it, because they were not able to shovel it themselves. The organizer, Fred, posted asking if anybody could come help shovel. Lots of people offered and lots showed up! my son and I showed up with our shovels, but most of the work was already done.


After, I treated my son to a donut and myself to green garbanzos at the Indian store.


Lucky Running
Saturday, Roger and I ran the Lucky Charm 10K. Again, Roger was very unhappy at the weather forecast... while I ignored all of it. We showed up to almost perfect conditions! Both, Roger and I got new 10K best personal times! His under 1 hour ! He was very happy and I was very excited for him! Recap later this week.


After the race, I took my siblings and my son to go see Beauty and The Beast! We loved it! I might even go see it again! I love Emma Watson, Josh Gad, Ewan McGregor, Luke Evans, Ian McKellen, Emma Thompson, Stanley Tucci! I love them all ! and the movie was great!!


Currently Reading


Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham. I love her sense of humor, she is that scary sarcastic like me... where people can't tell if I'm being serious or kidding. This book is great!

Have you ever stapled your finger?
When was the last wedding you attended?
Are you ready for spring allergies? My son is not!
Did you wear green for Saint Patrick's day?
Have you ever had green garbanzos?



Comments

  1. I want to try green garbanzos! How do you eat them? I love Lauren Graham. I should read that book. Great job at the race and I'm glad the weather was okay for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they wouldn't go bad, I would offer to send you some green garbanzos! they are so delicious! we cook them on the shell you see in the picture, more like roast them with salt. They get roasted for about 15 minutes until they are toasty. Then we peel the shell off, and eat the insides. They are a very popular snack in Mexico.

      Lauren Graham's book is really good! check it out!

      Delete
  2. I am NOT ready for allergies to kick in.

    Love that everyone pitched in to help clear the course - and it's clear that hard work + good running karma = new PR. :)

    The last wedding I attended was in November - and the next wedding I attend will be my own, which is wild. But after that there are at least 5 others on the calendar this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the allergies Jessie! My brother and mom are not ready either!

      I didn't think of it as Karma, but that's a great point!

      I am very excited for your wedding!!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats all around to you and Roger and to your sister! Looks like a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your PBs! And congrats to your sister! The three of you look so cute together. What a great week. I would have totally gone out and shoveled to help out a race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! we are missing one sister in the picture!

      Shoveling does seem more fun when it's in a group!

      Delete
  5. Congrats to your sis and to you for your PR! Gosh it's been a couple of years since I've been to a wedding. How cool so many showed up to shovel the course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia!! Yes, Great people! the one person in the group was in the top winners of the race!

      Delete
  6. I totally have that Lucky Charm race on my list for next year so I will anxiously be awaiting your race recap!

    Your sister getting married is a HUGE deal! Congrats to her.

    I've never stapled my hand but I DID step on a pack of staples on my bare foot! That hurt and I'll spare you the gory details..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to come and do Lucky Charm next year !! it will be awesome! you will love it! We can even go to breakfast after!

      Thank you Meranda!

      Ouch!! that sounds very painful!! stapples are very sharp!

      Delete
  7. Aww congrats to your sister! And congrats to you and Roger on your PBs! What a great week for everyone!

    I'm glad you gave Beauty and the Beast a good review because I am super excited to see it, but I read that some critics are panning it. I personally think that they are trying to make it live up to the expectation set by how much they enjoyed the original as a kid and that's tough. I mean enjoying a kid's movie as a kid is entirely different than enjoying it in a nostalgic fashion I think. Adam and I will prob go see it this weekend :). Last weekend we went to see Get Out at the drive-in movie theater which was a lot of fun! I had never been to a drive-in before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristina! It was a fantastic week!

      Beauty and the Beast was amazing! everything I was hoping for! The one review I hear was a bit rough, but the movie was great.

      Did you like Get Out?

      Delete

Post a Comment