Friday Five 3.03.17

Good Friday morning , how are you today? My week was buys, and I'm glad to be off from work today!



I'm joining the Friday 5 Link up with  Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness. Today's theme is running hacks ... I might not have any good hacks, I don't take myself seriously enough to give advice, but hopefully I'll make you laugh. 

1. For your speed work, race a random stranger .... Who hasn't been challenged to a treadmill race at the gym? It happens to me often. A random person take the treadmill next to me and tries to take a peek at my speed and immediately tries to match it. I've outran many people this way, and it makes the mill time go faster. 

2. For long runs, run half the distance away from your car. The first time I did 10 miles, I ran 5 miles away from my car. I had no option, but to run the 5 miles back. 

3. Shorts will get stinky, no matter how much they cost.... But yours at Walmart, and use the savings for registering for races .... Or eating... I don't judge. I know other stores have cheap shorts, but I found the cut and design of Walmart shorts fit my body better than others. 

4. Take food with your in long runs- I'm not talking Gu, or blocks, I'm talking a chocolate chip cookie, bites of a bagel... I take 2 or 3 marshmallows. 

5. Do whatever makes you happy! If none of what I'm telling you works for you, do whatever makes you happy! You only have to answer to yourself, keep yourself happy! 

Have an awesome Friday! And a fantastic weekend !

Comments

  1. Great list! I'm totally with you on #2. I'll actually do two sets of 10 miles that way for a 20 miler, and have hot chicken noodle soup from a thermos and some Gatorade at the halfway point. It's the best way to do long runs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to borrow your chicken noodle soup idea!! that is brilliant!

      Delete
  2. Ha, I like that bit about the real food! I've just been using chews but cookies would definitely taste better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had gu or the chews... but find that a chocolate chip cookie has everything that I need during a run.

      Delete
  3. #5 is my fav!!!

    Oh, and as you know, all of my shorts are from Wal Mart!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart shorts are the best! I bought a pair two weeks ago and going back for another today!!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes when I want sour patch kids I will run an extra mile or two so I don't feel guilty having some during my run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister carried sour patch kids during her first half marathon!

      Delete
  5. I think taking marshmallows on a run sounds brilliant!

    I do like racing strangers during races, but I hate when someone races me on the treadmill! It makes me feel self conscious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment