This August, I will have been living in Pennsylvania for 20 years. For some time, I was upset to be in such a cold and wintery state, but a few years ago, I decided to embrace all of PA and visit as much of it as possible. Here are some times on my PA bucket list.
I used this List as a guide from Penn Live, because I needed a base.
* Spend Groundhog Day in Punxsatawney.
* Visit Flight 93 Memorial
* Attend a Little League World Series Game
* Tour the Capitol - Done (2000, 2001 and 2005).
* Visit the Yuengling Factory ( and have a beer there).
* Ride The Incline in Pittsburgh - Done ( 2003 and 2016)
* Tour Gettysburg Field - Done ( 2015 and 2016)
* Visit Centralia- or Drive Thru
* Visit the Galleries in Barnes Foundation
* Visit the PA Grand Canyon - Done ( 2015)
* Visit Road Side America
* Visit Penn Cave
* Walk Along Presque Isle - This is half done, I visited in 2001, but had no idea where I was.
* Visit Bushkill Falls
* Eat at Maple Shady Smorgasbord
* Tour Flank Lloyds Wright Falling Water
* Visit Independence Hall- I have been outside of Independence hall more times than I can count, but I have never toured inside.
* Visit Knoebels Amusement park- Done ( 2016)
* Attend the Philly Flower Show
* Visit Lancaster's Central Market - Done ( I love this market !! 1999, 2015, 2016)
* Visit Shawnee Inn
* Visit Mutter Museum in Philadelphia
* Visit Penn Hotel in Pittsburgh
* Visit Omni Bedford Springs Resort
* Explore Bowman's Hill Wildflower Preserve
* Visit Jim Thorpe PA- Done 2015
* Take a Drive along Route 6
But It all started with the 13 Best PA views on Pennlive. We are still working through this list too.
* Boathouse Row in Philadelphia - Done 2012
*Ganoga Falls - Done 2014, 2015, 2016
* Mount Tammany
* Pennsylvania Grand Canyon - Done 2014
* Mount Washington View of Pittsburgh - Done 2002 and 2016
* Millersburg Ferry Crossing of the Susqhehanna River- Done 2016
* Presque Isle - Done, but don't remember much of it.
* Loyalsock Canyon Vista
* Boulder Field - Done 2015
* Marion E Brooks Natural Area
* Middle Creek Lake
* Doubling Gap Lake Outflow- Done 2014
* Youghiogheny River Gorge- Done 2016
Things that I added myself, because I think it's part of a better PA experience
* Eat a Cheesteak in Phillly
* Visit China Town in Philadelphia
* Visit Hershey Park and Chocolate World
* Visit Longwood Gardens
* Take a tour of Herr's Potato Chips factory
* Do a horse and buggy ride in Lancaster County
* Hike the Waterfall Trail in Ricket's Glenn
* Hike Flat Rock Trail in Colonel Denning State Park
* Have a fresh pretzel at the Sturgis Pretzel Factory
* Attend Jubilee Day in Mechanicsburg PA
* Attend a Dickinson Christmas Festival in Welsboro PA
* Attend the National Apple Festival in Adams County PA
* Attend Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square
* Attend an event at Penns Landing in Philadelphia
* Hike the PA sections of The Appalachian Trail.
* Run with the Amish in the BIH 5K or Half Marathon
* Eat lunch at Reading Market in Philadelphia
* Eat your way through Kettle Kitchen Village in Intercourse PA
* Have lunch at Bird In Hand Farmer's Market
I have spent a lot of time in central PA, and south east. I am hoping that this list will take me to explore the north and east of PA.
If you are from PA, what other things do you have on your PA list?
If you are not from PA, but have visited, which of this have you done?
If you have not visited PA, What are you waiting for? you are formally invited!