What I Ate Sunday

I love eating! I am that person who lives for eating, who doesn't care or will look up calories on something that tastes delicious... even my bio here and on Instagram say Tacos for no real reason.
 
Over the last few years, my eating has changed, never because I wanted to lose weight, but because I wanted to eat food that would help me with my running, not have me on the side of the road puking.
 
However, whenever I go to visit my Mom's house, I eat a lot!! This past weekend we did the same... and later that day, I had an awful 5 mile run.
 
My son woke me up at 8:00 telling me he was hungry. My mom made him pancakes, and I made myself two eggs over easy with toast. Something about having eggs and toast at my mom makes me very happy. I also had a cup of OJ and 16 oz of black coffee with sugar.
 
The day before, I had gone with my sisters to get crepes, my son asked me to bring him a powder sugar creepe, but I didn't, because I didn't think he would eat it. But as soon as I walked in, he was asking me for his crepe. I promised him that we would go and get him one on Sunday. So we headed to Kennett Square to get it.
 
My brother came with us, and asked if I wanted to share a nutella crepe, and I said yes. I can't resist nutella crepes... I have very little willpower when it comes to food.


 
My mom offered to make me enchiladas for lunch, before I left, which I accepted. My stomach felt still full from breakfast, but I hate having to stop to pick up lunch on my drive back to Harrisburg.
 
I topped my enchiladas with cooked potatoes, carrots and raw shredded cabbage. This is how it's served in Mexico. I had a sip of water, maybe 1/4 of a bottle as I was driving back home.


 
I told myself to drink more water, or nuun before getting back home, but I didn't. I was so focused on getting home, unpacking, changing and taking my son back to his Dad's, that I didn't drink water again.
 
On our way to our running route, I took a few more sips of water, to about 1/2 bottle.
 
Around mile 1.5, my calves were yelling at me that I suck at drinking water! They hurt so much, that I had to stop and stretch them and walk for a while.
 
I dragged my butt to finish those 5 miles, which were supposed to be a tempo run at 9:15, but ended up being a slow, and painful run at 10:45.
 
After our run, we had to go to Wegmans to pick up some groceries, and we picked up dinner there too. Roger picked up sushi, and harassed me when I said I was getting chicken AND wings... he kept asking me "chicken wings or Chicken AND wings", followed by "That's not marathon food", I was childish and kept saying back "I'm not running a marathon tomorrow!" But I did get a small salad with lots of greens... to be the side of my Chicken AND wings. And as soon as we got home, I drank 32 oz of water with nuun and half of an orange San Pellegrino soda. 

* just so I can clarify, Roger is not abusive to me when it comes to food... I know it sounds like it, but I eat more than him.



 
I have no idea how many calories all of that was, I could go back and count them, but I don't care for what the number is. I do know that my body didn't get enough water, and that I paid for it on my run.

What is your favorite food at your parents?
How do you make sure you drink enough water?
What is your favorite salad dressing?



 
 

Comments

  1. I want your family to adopt me. My parents' house totally sucks for food because my mom was (and still is) ALWAYS on a diet. Whenever my dad bought any treats he'd have to hide them from her and he'd eat them all. SO LAME. Eating to run is smart, but sometimes it doesn't make sense. Like, I remember one day last summer I ate a Filet o Fish from McDonalds and then on a full stomach, went out and nailed a marathon race paced tempo run and had the run of my life. I hit paces I had never hit before! Running is weird that way. Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are adopted! We love to eat enchiladas all the time, so be warned!

      Megan was telling me the same thing about her eating! I can't have a burger and run that day, or the next day. I hate it! Because I love burgers! So I have to ask myself, what is it about burgers?

      YOu know, back in January all the runners were asking for Shelane Flanagan's book, Eat Slow, Run Fast... and I kept thinking to myself "I wonder if anybody will give me a gift card for tacos? or maybe we can have tacos for Christmas? wait, why wait, let's have tacos for dinner!"
      Good for your Dad!!

      Delete
  2. I love that you love food!! Your breakfast you had at your mom's... that's my exact favorite "homey" breakfast. Complete with the oj and coffee.

    I eat a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about eggs and toast! I love them!

      Eating a lot is the best way to get through life!

      Delete
  3. I love food too. I don't count calories anymore as that stressed me out too much. So I run so that I don't have to feel too guilty. My mom makes really good deviled eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I run, so that I can eat !!

      I've never had deviled eggs!

      Delete
  4. I love that breakfast too! I love almost anything my mom makes, home cooked food is the best. So, since you are speaking of tacos (I have to mention this because I keep seeing it on Pinterest lately) I keep seeing a recipe for slow cooker tacos. I don't click on it but I keep thinking that it doesn't take that long to make tacos anyway, why would someone have to put them in a slow cooker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no sense on waiting on slow cooking tacos!! I can make you tacos in 20 minutes... 30 if I need fresh salsa.

      Delete
  5. Mmm, this is my kind of Sunday! I am also the kind of person who eats for pleasure and really doesn't care much (anymore) about what I eat. However, as I've gotten older I've realized some of my favorite foods just don't agree with me anymore, so I have to eat them less frequently. AND, like you, I want to eat food that will fuel my running...But really, my heart belongs to cheese, pastries, frosting, pizza, and pasta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen that commercial for anti-acids where the food slaps the person around? That is the type of relationship I have with pizza! I love it! but my stomach can't handle more than 1 slice at a time.

      Delete
  6. mmm salty chips!! that is my idea of heaven!

    Drink lots of extra water, it will help! take it from the salt eater of my house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment