Enrique Bunbury - Mutaciones Tour 2016 Irving Plaza 6.7.16

Today is Enrique Bunbury's Birthday... my phone reminded me early in the morning. So I decided to finish this post as a celebration of his birth!

It took me a long time to get to write this, mostly because I wrote a long long post that went into a very detail account of what every song was. So I scrapped the whole thing and starting fresh, because the only person interested in this many details about the concert is me.


This is the continuation of this post. In case you missed it... here is the short version: We drove to NYC, we parked in Staten Island, walked about 20 blocks, got lost on the subway, arrived to the concert venue to a line around the block.

 
 
 
 


We arrived and found our spot in the middle of the crow. New York City Bunbury Concert crowds are very rowdy... by the time the show starts some are drunk, some a high and they are not afraid to push, shove, kick and grab to get to the front. My sisters hate that.

This year we got stuck behind a punk kid who decided this show was his very own personal Bunbury show and would dance, sing and throw himself around the entire show. He was by far the most obnoxious concert goer I have ever found, and this includes a very drunk blonde who spilled a beer on me at a Pitbull concert two years ago.



Here is the set list of the show

New York (NY), Estados Unidos, 7.6.2016
IBERIA SUMERGIDA
EL CLUB DE LOS IMPOSIBLES

DOS CLAVOS A MIS ALAS
SIRENA VARADA
PORQUE LAS COSAS CAMBIAN

EL CAMINO DEL EXCESO
AVALANCHA
QUE TENGAS SUERTECITA
PUTA DESAGRADECIDA

EL EXTRANJERO
INFINITO

EL HOMBRE DELGADO QUE NO FLAQUEARÁ JAMÁS
DESPIERTA
MAR ADENTRO
MALDITO DUENDE

LADY BLUE
------------------------
MÁS ALTO QUE NOSOTROS SÓLO EL CIELO
EL RESCATE
LA CHISPA ADECUADA
------------------------
BUJÍAS PARA EL DOLOR
DE TODO EL MUNDO
...Y AL FINAL


I was very satisfied to hear songs that I had not seen in concert before... Iberia Sumergida, Dos Clavos a Mis Alas, Avalancha, Sirena Varada, Maldito Duende. and I sand very loudly at the old favorites, El Club De Los Imposibles, De Todo el Mundo, Que Tengas Suertecita, El Extrangero.

As always, Bunbury was amazing. After watching his documentary and seeing everything that he goes through to bring this shows to the United States, I have a new appreciation for his shows. He doesn't let anything that is bothering him show during the performance and is always humble and grateful to those who are there to see him.


 
 

Enrique Bunbury puts on an amazing show! and as long as it is possible, I will attend his concerts!

I left the show with a very soar throat from singing, and a very tired form jumping and dancing. I do wish I could have punched that jerk that was in front of us.

What was the last concert you attended?
Tell me about the most obnoxious concert goes that you have encountered.
Who would you like to see live?

Comments

  1. Enrique Bunbury's shows sound incredible!!!! I would have wanted to punch that jerk in front of you, too! Some people have no respect when it comes to concerts, grrrrr. I had a similar experience at the Andrea Bocelli concert a few weeks ago, there were folks sitting right behind us who wouldn't stop talking and laughing. It was so annoying. After we turned around and gave them some stinkeye, they finally got the picture. But even so - why would you go to an opera concert if you didn't want to listen, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing Emily! Why would somebody go see Andrea Bocelli to be talking and Laughing? How Rude!!

      Delete
  2. I am glad you had so much fun! I have never heard of Bunbury. I actually have not been to a concert in a very long time. My favorite shows were Madonna (twice!) and Aerosmith (twice!). I regret that I never got to see Michael Jackson perform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madonna and Aerosmith! That sounds amazing! We went to see Aerosmith in Hershey back in ... I think 2003? they were performing with Kiss, it was a great show!

      Delete

Post a Comment