Tuesdays on The Run- Running Gear and Where I get My Stuff

Today I'm linking-up with PattyErika, and Marcia for the Running Gear and Where to get it link up.


Tuesdays On The Run Link up

I'm going to keep it totally real here... as I've said more times than anybody cares to hear, I'm a divorced mom, with shared custody of my son, so I'm on my own for all expenses for both of us. We are not starving, but you won't see me running to a Lululemon store anytime soon, or to many other expensive stores for that matter.

Running can get to be pretty expensive solo sport, starting with shoes, fancy *blister preventing* socks, compression socks, race registrations, tech shirts, leggings, Nuun, sport bras... the list goes on, and prices add up. But I don't agree with needing expensive stuff to run. Running in Walmart shorts is just as efficient as running on Lululemon shorts.

Here are some of my favorite places to buy gear for running, zumba and weigh work outs.
 
Favorites
 
Under Armour Outlet- The Clearance Rack-

There is an Under Armour outlet store in Hershey PA, one that we have to stop at whenever we are near it... like 20 miles near it. I have bought some pretty awesome layered leggings, socks, shirts, pants for my son and lined light jackets for very cheap prices. The truth is that I can't go there without buying something.

My $20 running layered leggings


I like their sizes, and their fabrics. I don't have to second guess if something is going to fit me, unlike other stores.... I'm looking at you Target... or if the fabric will fray or fade.

Nike Outlet
My $20 Nike Free sneakers


$30 first pair of Nike Free and $5 compression sleeves


Another store that I can't go in without buying something. It happens EVERYTIME ! Last summer we went in to *look* at sneakers for kids, and ended up finding what would become my favorite running shoes, Nike Free, for $30! Later that year, I found another pair of Nike Frees for $20!



TJ-Maxx and Marshalls
I put them together, because they are almost the same store. Some days TJ has more selections, some day Marshalls has more stuff in clearance. I would say 60% of my work out gear comes from there.




Fleet Feet Mechanicsburg
There are things that despite the price, I will only get a Fleet feet. The owners, Fred and Shelby are very nice to everybody who comes, and always supportive of everybody in all running levels. Sometimes I mostly go there for the extra support. Things I buy only there : Nuun, lock laces, fancy anti-blister socks.




Hit or Miss, but Love their prices

Old Navy
For me Old Navy is hit or miss, but the few things I have from there are favorites. Their leggings are comfy and durable, their sports bras come in really cool colors.


My favorite Old Navy Leggings, very light and comfortable

Target
I love Target, I have said before that if Target doesn't have something, I don't really need it. But when it comes to their Sports apparel, the women's section is always lacking. Their sizes change from one color to the next, their fabric can be great for one items, and sucks for another. But their prices keep me checking back for sales.


My current favorite light tech shirt from Target

I wear this shirt to work, under by jacket

Walmart
Their women sizes don't fit me, but I've found some pretty awesome shorts in the Girls section, for great prices. I'm going back to stock up on shorts!

My $5 shorts from Walmart are my favorite pair


Comments

  1. Love the idea of getting girls shorts at Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savannah, shorts and sport bras get so stinky so quickly, that I would be afraid of sweating In an $70 pair of shorts !

      Delete
  2. Saving money in this "free sport" of running is no joke- any chance I get, I'm picking up a clearance item. I also really try not to buy full price anything when it comes to my gear. I feel ya! Great options you gave here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty! Cleranxe rack is my best shopping friend!

      Delete
  3. My favorite running shorts are from walmert! I got like 10 pairs in all different colors because they were only $5.99. Seriously, every picture of me in running shorts on my blog are wal mart shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, yes! Walmart has the best running shorts! I'm stocking up this summer !

      Delete
  4. I went to the Hershey outlets this winter and got two tank tops on sale at Under Armour, great deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ladies at F&F,
      Under Armour is the best!

      Delete
  5. Outlet stores are the best! Note to self if I'm ever anywhere near Hershey, PA. =D I am also a huge fan of TJ Maxx, Old Navy, Target, and Marshall's. I agree, nobody needs to spend $$$ at Lulu or those fancy schmancy stores when there are plenty of cheaper alternatives that work just as nicely. JCPenney also has a very nice brand of workout apparel called Xersion which is very affordable, but is good quality. And yes - for a "free" sport, running gets darned expensive! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,

      My sister bought a couple pairs of leggings from JCP, they are adorable ! I wanted to steal them from her !

      Delete
  6. Outlet stores are awesome. We have a Nike, Adidas and Under Armour near by that are pretty good. I'm all for saving some cash where I can!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn,
      I really enjoy shopping at the outlets! Gotta save anywhere we can.

      Delete
  7. Great job getting so many good deals...and looking so cute! Happy running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gisgie! You are too kind, making me blush here!

      Delete
  8. I always check the clearance racks at Target, but I agree, the sizing is very inconsistent there. But the prices are definitely worth at least trying to look for something there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn,
      Yes! That's how target always gets me ! My brother gave me a gift card for target and I left there with two shirts, one sports bra and a chocolate bar... The last one was for recovery ...

      Delete
  9. You are not the first person to recommend Walmart shorts. How great you love them! I share your love for all things UA. The quality and styling are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UA is my favorite! Great quality all around with their clothing !

      Delete
  10. Karen,

    The Dicks close to me never has my size on anything!

    But I agree, old navy has awesome leggings!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment