Happy Mother's Day!
For mother's day weekend I want to share with you a few things I have learned about Motherhood since I've been a Mom... because some things I didn't appreciate before.
1. I didn't appreciate my mom's patience until I had my son. Craig Ferguson has said in his book and in his TV show, after having children, he learned to forgive his parents, I not only forgave my mom for dumb things I was holding against her, but appreciated her patience and love.
2. I have night vision! After changing diapers, feeding a baby, and putting a toddler to bed, all in the dark, I now have night vision.
3. Giving birth and running a marathon are very similar. (When I say you, I really mean Me/I ) You start out all happy and excited for the journey, (pregnancy / training). You know you signed up for it, but some days it feels like it will all be impossible. You find yourself in pain for muscles you didn't know you had before. Staying hydrated is ESSENTIAL! and so is your fuel and nutrition. The day of the event, you start out excited, nervous and scared... hours of pain later you are done and swear you will never do it again. Days/ weeks/ months/ years later, you don't remember any of that pain and want to do it all over again.
4. Whatever you did to your parents, you pay it back with your kids. I have two things to say on that, My son is a night owl, and he talks a lot. Well played, Mom!
5. Negotiation skills. My son, like many other children, will not take a not for an answer when they want something and will negotiate until they have something they can be happy with. So I borrowed some of this techniques, and negotiated my way to getting things at work, simple things, like a coffee pot, my L shape desk, my double computer screens.
6. My Mom loves me more than she can love anything in the world. Just like I love my son.
|Bro, sisters, my son, me and My Mom|
And last... I woke up with this song in my head, and the best way to get it out is to play it non stop until I have learned the entire choreography to the song.
Yes, this is the Spanish version of another song, but I have no idea what the song is... And this is the song I grew up with.
Have an awesome weekend!