Training Week May 9th- May 15

My son has run his first 5K! I am a very proud Momma! and could not stop telling him how happy and proud I was the entire weekend!
 
This week was a little exhausting, with little sun and chilly temperatures, but we had an awesome week of activity. Today I'm linking up with Holly and Tricia for their Weekly Wrap post.



Training
Tuesday - 2 miles tempo run
Wednesday - Zumba with Denise, 3 miles easy run, 20 minutes of weights.
Saturday- Kennett Run 5K
 
On Tuesday the Baseball game went a little longer than it was supposed to, by about 10 minutes. I was supposed to do a 3 miles tempo run, but by the time I got home I was really tired, and very sleepy. But still put on my stuff and went for my fun, but cut it to 2 miles.



Wednesday was another busy day at work. I planned my afternoon on the plan of doing zumba for 1 hour, run for 3 miles and weights, meaning I had my lunch, a snack and another small meal before leaving work. But a co-worker gave me a soft pretzel right before my second meal, which messed up the rest of my eating.
 
I know that the pretzel could have been turned down, but I also know that pretzel was delicious and I regret almost nothing.
 
 

By the time I got home after Zumba and running, I was really hungry again, because my second meal went half uneaten. After 16 minutes of weights, I told Roger that I was done. If I kept going, my body would be mad at me. So did my planks, and started dinner. Still didn't regret that pretzel.

Let me say again, because it doesn't get said enough. To all teachers, THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO! Your patience for spending 6 hours / day at school with our children, is very sincerely appreciated! 



On Friday, I spend half of the day at my son's school. Before I started training for the Marathon, I wanted to come in and help on my day off, so after completing the Marathon, I cleared my Fridays off to help out at school. Arrived there at 9, after breakfast, this many kids before 10am requires a good breakfast and strong coffee. I helped out with the Math Olympics. We measured things, helped make paper airplanes, collected 6 pencils (... I kept finding pencils on the floor... ) settled a fight between kids,  consoled a couple crying kids, and opened food snacks! All before lunch!

My boy handing out marshmallows in his class


After school, We also helped on the annual May Fair Festival, which did not get rained out, like we all had feared. Sadly, we only did 1 glitter tattoo.

My glitter tattoo table
 

My son climbing the wall at the festival, this was the inside section.


On Saturday we woke up to a sunny and warm day for the Kennett Run 5K. I'll do a recap on that race later this week. But I am happy to report that My son finished his 5K, and we all had a great time.



Kennett Square calls itself the Mushroom Capital of the World... but really the neighboring towns are the ones growing the mushrooms... and Mexican Men and Women are the ones who drive this industry... underpaid workers I might add.

 
My sister set up the bibs and shirts on the coffee table the night before the race.


I did not beat my 5K Personal Record, but I did beat my record for this Course, which has been a long work in progress. I also got 2nd place for my age group, with a time of 25.59.

*** 5.17.16 Correction: I got 16th place on the 30-39 Age Group, but 2nd on the 30-34. The timing agency posted the results incorrectly when I checked on Saturday. So I'm not as Speedy awesome as I am portraying myself to me... just weird awesome! **

Miles - 8
Zumba- 1 hour
Weights - 20 minutes

I hope you had an awesome weekend!
Where do you stand on soft pretzels? What dip do you like for your pretzel? Cheese, mustard, honey mustard?




Comments

  1. Congrats to your son for finishing his first 5k and to you for your age group finish! And I am a huge fan of soft pretzels! I don't think I could have turned that down either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chaitali! I love all soft pretzels too! They are my weakness !

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you and your son! Sounds like a wonderful day and you both ran strong. I love soft pretzels although I haven't had one in years. Is it weird I've never dipped them in anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia! You haven't had a pretzel in years ?! What!? No way! It's not weird to me that you never dipped it... But I tend to eat my bagels without cream cheese, so I might not be the best judge.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your AG finish and your son for completing his first 5k! Hey what is up with your Wednesday? Zumba, running, AND weights!!!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan! I was thinking I could do it all in one day, then my body gently reminded me that I couldn't.

      Delete
  4. WOW! Congratulations to your son on his first 5K - he is going to get hooked now, especially after all the inspiration he gets from you!!! Congratulations also on your AG placement, that is worth enormous celebration. Look at your spectacular form in your yoga tree pose. You look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! You are always so
      Kind! You make me blush!

      Delete
  5. We don't have soft pretzels in France but good for you for not regretting it ! Sometimes we just need to listen to our bodies and enjoy the food. Well, all the time actually.
    Congrats to your son, that is a major accomplishment !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I'm sorry to hear you don't have pretzels. It was a new food to me when we moved here too. But you do have baguettes !! And for that I'm very jealous !

      Delete
  6. That's awesome that your son ran a 5K! Congrats on your AG placement!

    I am a huge fan of soft pretzels -- in fact, I don't have them often enough. I like dipping them in either mustard or cheese or garlic butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raquelita! I had never heard of dipping them in garlic butter, but it sounds delicious, might just have to try it.

      Delete
  7. Yay for your son running his first 5K!

    Your son's teacher is very lucky to have you help in the classroom! I am sure she appreciates it more than you know. I would love to have parents in my classroom but I teach older kids so i'm sure that would just be awkward..lol.

    Ps. I responded back to your comment about that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meranda !

      I enjoy helping out in the classroom, mostly because my son is there.

      I'll go and check your comment. Thanks !

      Delete
  8. More parents should help out in the classroom - our memories of school are SO different than the reality, and it's nice when parents can really see what we do! So thank you for volunteering!

    Congrats on the race & your son's 5k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ali! I really enjoy seeing my son interacting with his classmates, it's like he is a completely different boy.

      Thank you !

      Delete
  9. Congrats to you on your AG award and to your son for finishing his 5k!

    No pretzels for me. I feel yucky when I eat them! It's got to be those carbs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Wendy! No pretzels ? Your dedication blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Karen! My son seems to be fearless ! He will try almost anything !

    Pretzels are highly addictive !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on a great 5k finish time! How exciting that your son ran his first 5k too! I hope he enjoyed it enough to want to do it again! I adore soft pretzels but have to save them for extra special occasions. They are good dipped in cheese and that sweet caramel sauce too (but not at the same time -- HA!) I certainly could never teach but am so appreciative of those that do. Thanks for linking with us Ana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly ! He is already asking when he can do another race, so I take that to mean he enjoyed it !

      Omg! Caramel sauce and pretzels!? Sounds like my dream come true, I'm going to give that a try!

      Delete
  13. Congratulation to you on a great race!!! Pretzels are my downfall omg I do love me a soft pretzel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tricia! I need to give up pretzels ... I've had too many this week.

      Delete
  14. Congrats to your son on his first 5K and you on your AG placement! I love soft pretzels too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! Soft pretzels are the best!

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on your son's 5K! That's exciting. Also, good job getting out there for a couple of miles on Tuesday even though you were tired. That's not easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meagan! I felt better after getting the run in. So I was glad I went out there.

      Delete

Post a Comment