Training January 3rd- January 9th

I am new at blogging, and since I'm still learning, I want to document what works for me, so I can keep myself from making mistakes. I see a lot of bloggers doing "Training week" reviews, so I'm going to give it a try.


Sunday, January 3rd

After a delicious Taco party with a chocolate fountain, it was time to get back to reality and burn off those Tacos.

1 hour of Zumba at Art In Motion Fitness- This always sounds crazy to Roger, but doing 1 hour of zumba gets my legs ready for long runs like nothing else.






11 miles long Run- This was a slow and easy 11 miles. The only problem I had was that most of my devices died on me. MP3 player died at mile 8, switched to my phone and it died at mile 9.5 and the Fitbit was not holding on well at mile 10.




Monday January 4, 2016- Rest day, but did my 10,000 steps!

Tuesday January 5, 2016

Art in Motion Fitness moved my favorite Zumba class from 7:30 to 6:30. I went to it, thinking it would be Denise teaching. But it wasn't. It was Susan. I enjoy both of their Zumba classes, but I've been doing Zumba with Denise on Tuesdays for 5 years. So, I stayed and did the class, but it didn't feel right, I was barely sweating.

I tried something new on Tuesday too! For years AIMF has been offering a Hip Hop with Denise, and I have never made it to the class, because they want an 8 week commitment, and it's an additional expense on top of the monthly membership. This year they have added a walk in Hip Hop class, and it's a walk in fee based class. I thought this was my chance to give it a try, since the others who go are always talking about what a great work out it is... only for me, it wasn't. All the songs were Hip Hop, which I know is implied, but it was not really my thing. I will try it a couple more times, since it's going to be dark and cold until March, but will probably stop going in the spring, to add more running.

Wednesday January 6, 2016

1 hour of zumba with Denise- intense, sweaty and lots of fun! just the way I like my zumba!

30 minutes of running = 3.10 miles. I ran inside the YMCA, in their track. Had a little trouble with the Forerunner 230 tracking my distance, it said that I ran .97 miles, when I really did 3.10.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Rest Day- I typically have 3 rest days in the weeks I have my son for the weekend. Looking to add a morning run in the future.

Friday January 8, 2016

20 minutes of weights with Roger... he likes to torture me with the medicine ball.
6 pace miles in the foggy and drizzly day. It was cold! but kept warm with jacket and hat.



Foggy Shank Park
 


Saturday January 9, 2016

45 minutes of very intense jumping at Skyzone. I don't know if this counts as a work out, but it should! I took my son to Skyzone, a trampoline indoor park for his birthday. We jumped for about 45 minutes, which had all of us sweating.

Comments