Currently Reading

I have been keeping two list of books I'm reading/ listening to, one on Good Reads and one on sticky notes at my desk, it helps me to double check the books and stay on track. I read a lot of books last year, and re-read a few favorites ( I will always make time to re-read Harry Potter). But looking at my list, I remember loving some at the time I was reading them, but now they are really blurry in my brain. So, I'm going to try something different, I'm going to write my thoughts on them.

Last year I read and listened to "Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson. It was very funny, I enjoyed it very much! And recommend it for anybody who needs a laugh!



While looking for another book to read, I found Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson (1). I didn't make the connection until I started the book, because I like to order a bunch of things from the library and wait to see what comes first.

I really enjoyed listening to this book! Her quick wit and humor reminds me of hanging out with my sister, except maybe more honest, and with more animals. And my internal monologue sounds very similar to the book, with the self doubts, concerns and crazy thoughts.




Plus after listening to this book, I've discovered that she is a Whovian! which also made me happy! I don't have a lot of friends, and don't know many people who like Doctor Who. But it's nice to hear that I'm not the only person who wants to lick David Tenant's face !

I'm not trying to spoil the book for anybody, but there were a lot of mentions of Alan Rickman, whom I've had a huge crush on since forever! I have often imagined what a date with Alan Rickman would be like.

I am glad that I got the audiobook, having her read the book makes it more real, and the humor more alive.

Also, she does start the book with "If you don't enjoy the book, then you are not crazy enough".... sign me up!

I'm also reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, which is part of my Amazon 100 Books To Read In A Lifetime challenge.

Comments