Weekly Wrap 5.21.17

Happy Monday!! Holiday weekend is around the corner... I can almost smell the pool chlorine and the fireworks!!

 

I'm  linking up with Holly and Tricia this week for the Weekly Wrap.




Workouts
Thursday: Zumba at the Y
Saturday: Kennett Run 5K
Sunday: Zumba with Susan and 5 miles easy run

This week was lazy, and recovery from the Half Marathon. I had hoped to get in at least one speed training, but it was so hot on Wednesday and Thursday, that I skipped the speed. I regret it a little... but only a little.

Thursday we had a scorching hot baseball game, I kept forcing my son to drink water at his baseball game. Everybody was there to see him play my sister, and his grandparents, He felt like a rock star!



On Saturday we were at Kennett Square PA , for our annual family run. My sister Maria and I have been doing this race, this will be our 8th year running it (6th consecutive). This year the route was changed around to start in the Anson B Nixon park, and go trough Downtown Kennett Square.

I bombarded Instagram with pictures, and here they are again.

 
 
 
While we were enjoying the post race festivities, I accidentally signed up for a fall Half Marathon.... accidentally as in I waited in line for 7 minutes, gave them my name, phone number, DOB and credit card information.... how is that for accidentally?  I signed up for the Mushroom cap Half marathon, it will be its 2nd year, and I had really wanted to do it last year.

On Sunday I went to Zumba with Susan, one of my favorite ever Zumba instructors. I love going to her class, I smile and laugh so much that my entire face is sore after class.

After zumba, it was time for my easy 5 mile recovery run. I was tired and hot, and wanted to cut the run short at 4 miles, but pushed through. There is a section of Camp Hill I don't like to run, it's a small uphill and an empty church parking lot, but about .20 of a mile... my heart wanted to skip this section, but my brain forced me to run it, and it was a good thing! I found a wallet on the ground on the way into the parking lot!



I looked around to see if anybody around looked like they were looking for a wallet, but the parking lot was empty. I paused my watch and picked up the wallet and the $10 next to it; and kept on running. I made the loop of the parking lot and realized that I didn't re-start my watch and lost on the distance... whatever... I ran the last mile holding the heavy wallet. And as soon as I was back to my car, looked up the person on Facebook and send them a message to arrange the wallet pick up.

2 hours later, I met the owner of the wallet and returned it to her. She said that her and her family had been going crazy looking for it, and was glad that I had found it, the thought she lost it while out in a bike ride. She gave me a generous reward... I told her that I couldn't accept it, but she shoved the money in my hand and took off saying that she couldn't accept a no for an answer.

Currently Reading

I'm am still reading Marathon Woman, but at work I'm listening to A Fighting Chance by Elizabeth Warren. I admire her so much on all the work she has done!


This will be a short and busy week at work, I'm excited for a few days off for the holiday.

How was your week?
Have you ever lost your wallet?
How many days do you get off for the Memorial day Holiday?
Any big Holiday plans?


Comments

  1. That's so sweet that so many people were there to watch your son's game! Sounds like a fun time :) And that was great that you found the wallet and managed to get it back to the owner, I'm sure it was a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves having an audience !! next he will be autographing stuff for us to come to his games!

      Yes, I was so relieved to give it back! the stress of having it on my possession was stressful! I just wanted it back to its owner!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your race!
    I don't have any holiday plans but I'll probably try to get my run done early in the morning since I have the day off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      Yes!! Getting the run in early, before the holiday is huge perk to the holiday! enjoy your run!

      Delete
  3. There needs to be more honest people like you in the world! I love that you thought to look her up on Facebook! I once found a cell phone on my running trail and tracked down the owner but they didn't even seem grateful that it was returned. Not that I was expecting a reward but they could have been thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meranda!

      I can't believe the owner of the cellphone you found was not grateful! Phones are expensive and there is so much that gets lost with them!

      Delete
  4. No big plans this weekend--the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate. I wonder if we're going to have one of 'those' summers when it's not very nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been very cloudy here too! we are expecting rain here for part of the weekend.

      I hope you have an relaxed holiday!

      Delete
  5. How cool that you've been doing that race with your sister for so long!! So great that you were able to get the wallet back to it's owner. I'm excited to go camping this weekend! Hope you have a good holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow!! Camping! how fun! will you be using tents?

      Delete
  6. oh my gosh I have lost my wallet! I left it at the Weis store... like 2 days before we were supposed to go on vacation! Luckily, I found it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no!! I'm glad you found it! it is so stressful to lose one's wallet!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, I respect the woman for giving you a reward. I know that's not why you returned it to her and I know you weren't expecting it but it really is the right thing to do (give a reward back). I found a woman's brand new iPhone 6s (when they first came out) at the self-checkout at the grocery store and she barely even looked up at me to thank me. I actually know of her, too. And she's a bag. It makes me wish I had kept it, at least for an hour or two. It would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! she was so great! I didn't want a reward, just wanted the wallet to be back with its owner.

      How run of that woman! Phones are so valuable and she needed to show some gratitude!

      Delete
  8. I actually found a phone on a Disney bus. The father of the owner called and the bus driver couldn't answer while he was driving so I took the call and instructed them that it would be at Animal Kingdom on his next loop around. They didn't sound pleased that they had to go to Animal Kingdom, but that was the easiest way for the driver to get it to a lost and found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hearing that other people are not grateful when their lost items are returned! how rude!

      Delete
  9. Good on you for being so kind with that wallet. I love that you have an annual family run tradition. So fun! You're so funny how you accidentally signed up for that half. Whoops! 3 graduation parties this weekend and my BRF is visiting from CO. I hope the rain holds off long enough for us to run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia!

      I was in a running high, and the organizers got me right where they knew they would... on my post race excitement!

      Delete
  10. I'm sorry Karen! it is awful to lose one's wallet!! You have been robbed!! that is just awful!

    I hope you enjoy some good rest on the holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment