Weekly Wrap 5. 28.17

Happy Monday! I hope you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend! 



Before I say anything else, Thank you to those who gave their lives for this County! 



I'm  linking up with Holly and Tricia this week for the weekly wrap.



Workouts
Wednesday- Weights and Zumba at the Y
Friday- 3 easy miles 
Saturday- 5 tempo miles
Sunday- 2 mile hike

We are in the homestretch for Second grade! my son has three days left of School, which are 1 day picnic, one regular day and one half day, then he will be on to the summer break! I am so proud of my boy! 

On Tuesday I woke up with a weird pain on the side of my right foot, I have no idea where it came from... my last run had been Sunday and I had no problems with it at all! As the day went, the pain got more intense. I could barely walk when we arrived at baseball. So skipped my run and went home and rolled my foot on a tennis ball. 

My son at the bat 

Me, hiding behind my hat, sunglasses and a book- I'm the scary anti-social Mom

Wednesday, I headed to Zumba, figured I would take it easy on the foot. Then did light weights. My entire body was so tired after, that I fell asleep on the couch before 8 pm! 

On Friday we woke up on Rehoboth Beach, we were there for a couple of days for the holiday. Roger swore that he didn't want to run, but as soon as he saw the runners on the boardwalk, he decided to head out there for an was 3, when he got back, he watched my son by the pool, while I went for my 3. No problems with my feet. 

Roger before his run

The view of the beach from Cape Henelopen 

Saturday we ate breakfast and then Roger headed out for a 5 miler, and I had my turn after. I felt bad for Roger, he got to run when the temperatures were higher and the sun was out. My weather turned perfect, cloudy and light breeze. After that we headed home. 

My son kicking the waves



On Sunday, we had no plans, and it was shaping out to be a lazy Sunday, but I have an inability to ever sit still, and suggested we drove to Ohiopyle State park for a short hike, some pizza and ice cream... the pizza and ice cream with a beautiful view was worth the drive! 




Currently Reading 
Dreams Of Joy by Lisa See. I read Shanghai Girls a couple of weeks ago, and could not wait to get this one started! I have learned so much about Chinese Culture and China during their   Civil War. 



We still have one last day off from work and school, so tomorrow we are making the best of being lazy... we have no choice, our weather is calling for rain all day tomorrow. 

How was your weekend? 
Do you want to run when you see others running? 
When was your last impromptu trip ? 
Teachers, are you ready for the summer break? 






Comments

  1. Love your variety of workouts last week! I'm planning on starting a new book later on today since I have the day off.

    Hope that you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      This book is great, if you want to read it, I recommend reading Shanghai Girls first.

      Delete
  2. Your trip looks stunning! I love the photo of your son kicking the waves. I'm glad you guys are having such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! my son loves kicking and punching the waves, once he goes in the water, it's almost impossible to pull him out.

      Delete
  3. When the weather stinks I always feel less guilty taking a day off from running or working out! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you had an awesome day too!

      I can't bring myself to run when it's raining...

      Delete
  4. We got very lucky with the weather for the weekend! Rain had been in the forecast (on and off) for most of the weekend, but it never happened (at least during the daylight hours).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the rain held out for you!! I always say that it can rain during the week, but prefer weekends rain free!

      Delete
  5. Those beach photos are beautiful! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We really did! We are lucky!

      Delete
  6. Man you guys are busy! What do you do in the car to pass the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do a lot of different things... we listen to NPR, audiobooks, play music (We each take a turn picking a song, and this turns out to be so much fun ) my son also plays with his ipad.

      Delete
  7. Those pictures are wonderful. Glad your foot isn't hurting any. That was weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was weird! Thank you Heather!

      Delete
  8. I glad the pain in your foot was short lived! The beach looks so nice. It does make me want to run when I see others running, especially in a pretty location. Our school is already out. I know your son is ready for his summer vacation! Thanks for linking, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly! the beach is beautiful! I bet your son is enjoying the summer break!

      Delete
  9. My youngest son is finishing up his junior year of high school. I cannot believe that next year is his last year of school--and that we are done with the public school system. Where did the time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time flies when the kids are little!! It seems second grade flew by!!

      Delete

Post a Comment