May Runfessions

Happy Friday!! We are off today and enjoying a little bit of rest! yay for holidays!!

I'm joining the Friday 5 Link up with  Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness and Marcia for Runfessions.






1 Overconfidence doesn't win the race! I runfess that, I went to the Kennett Run overconfident. In April I gave myself a goal that I didn't think was overly ambitious, but then I didn't put in the work to get it done. I still enjoyed the run, as much as one can enjoy running as fast as one can for 3.1 miles! There is always next year.

2. Going Commando- I runfess that I went last weekend without underwear! During the Delaware Half marathon, my undies kept giving me a wedgie, I hate wedgies! By accident, I didn't pack any underwear when leaving for the Kennett run! All my running shorts have those light liners, so I just went without the underwear! I changed my shorts about 5 times total that weekend, so it wasn't completely gross... that area stinks after running during the summer, so one less piece of stinky clothing is amazing!


3. I have been slacking off - I don't know what it is about May! I runfess that this month working out has taken a back seat. Between baseball, graduatuons, work and the holidays... The day just flies by me!

4. I miss my running group- adding to the statement above, I runfess that I miss running with the Fleet Feet Group, I haven't run with my running buddy Adrianne in an eternity!

5. Food - would it be my blog if I didn't have a food Runfession? There is this great Mexican restaurant close to my job... and I have been slowly trying all their food, I Runfess that right now, I'm infatuated with their enchiladas !! How is that a Runfession? Because I don't care if I'm running, I just get the enchiladas. 

Have you gone commando for running ?
Are you overconfident about anything ?
How do you like your enchiladas ?




Comments

  1. I've gone commando ONCE... while wearing those shorts with the liner... and I got major chafing and a near-yeast infection (I guess the material of the liner is synthetic). NEVER AGAIN. Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chaffing and a near yeast infection!! Omg!! that sounds painful!!

      at a half marathon, I was running behind a woman who was wearing a thong, and I kept thinking "she is going to have some major UTI after this".. but some people dont' have those issues, I guess.

      Delete
  2. I've gone commando once but didn't really notice a difference. I think I prefer to have all that area extra protected so I always wear underwear lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja ja!! that's awesome! I might be the only one who gets too hot to wear underwear!

      Delete
  3. I love Mexican food as well and could eat it every day. Although I do feel Less guilty eating it on days I run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mexican food is the BEST!! I dont' feel guilty about eating the stuff I make at home, but the stuff I buy it's my worry.

      Delete
  4. I never ever wear underwear when I workout! All of my shorts have liners except one pair that are pretty tight so they wouldn't have liners. The only other thing I wear are my thick tights for winter running and I don't wear underwear with those either. I think it would be weird to have on a sweaty pair of underwear! Plus the liner acts as the underwear, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for going commando! Sweaty underwear is the worst!!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a commando kind of girl. I did find some tech fabric undies at Tarjay that are totally no VPL so I'm totally loving those. Now you've got me dreaming of enchiladas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enchiladas are dreams!! yums!!

      I'll have to check out the seamless panties at target for work pants.

      Delete
  6. I tried running commando a couple times but it just didn't feel that comfortable. Underwear for me since then! That restaurant sounds good, I love the idea of working your way through their menu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a new thing, I am normally a one meal from the menu person. But their food is so good!!

      Delete
  7. I just can't go without my Target undies (Marcia and I think alike) for so many reasons! The extra layer is so important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extra layers are important!! I really need to look into this undies at target! they sound so great!

      Delete
  8. I never wear underwear bc I chafe if I do or get a wedgie. I do not think I have ever been over confident on a race LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've done the commando a couple of times....but EEEW! IT just felt so weird...like something was missing LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to feel weird at first, but now it feels perfectly normal... and wearing extra feels strange now!

      Delete
  10. I've never gone commando! Similar to megan saying she can't imagine wearing underwear I can't imagine going without it! Sure I get wedgies sometimes, but that's all part of the long run process! haha

    I even wear underwear with my shorts that have lines! Double the wedgie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double wedgie!! ja ja!! Good one!


      Delete
  11. What a great read! These runfessions are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you find your strength training mojo again!!

    Tacos are amazing!! So I get it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment