I have helped everybody in my family study for the test, most predominantly, my mom. She went all out for her test, she had two study guides, one in Spanish, one in English, flashcards, a video and a CD. When I was helping her study, I realized that I struggled with a few of the questions, so I'm dedicating extra effort to those. Here are the questions that I struggled with before, and hope that writing them down will help me remember them.
Questions can be found Here
*Highlight for answers*
1. How many members does the House of Representatives have ?
Answer : 435.
My answer: 425
2. Who is your current Senator
a. Bob Casey Jr. I knew this one!
b. Pat Toomey (I intentionally block out his name and can never remember it when I need it).
3. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
A: The Speaker Of the house
My Answer: I don't know why, but in my head, it was the Secretary of State.
4. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
My Answer: Again, in my mind it was 6. I don't know where I got this number from.
5. Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states?
- provide schooling and education
- provide protection (police)
- provide safety (fire departments)
- give a driver’s license
- approve zoning and land use
6. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
A: Thomas Jefferson
My Answer: Uhm... I was sure it was Ben Franklin...
7. What territory did the United States buy from France in 1803?
My Answer : Yeah... I only studied American History after the Civil war... I truly had no idea. But now I know it's my middle name and first name!
8. During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the United States?
My answer: A nuclear bomb attack (I watch too much TV?)
9. Name one of the two longest rivers in the United States
My answer : Susquehanna River. I live in PA, I've been lead to believe it's a long river, or driving along it has made me think this.
10. Name Your State Representative
A: Scott Perry
My answer : Last I checked, it was Todd Platts... but he retired a long time ago, and he might not have been My representative. Upon light research, I found out that I was about 5 miles from having Lou Barletta be my representative, and I almost threw up thinking about it. That man is despicable!
Everyday for the last 3 weeks, I ask Roger and My son to ask me 5 random questions from my study guide. I have learned a few more things! My son never asks me questions from the book, he has what he has learned in school.... he keeps me on my toes!
How many questions did you get right?
Do you know your senator?
Do you know who your representative is?