Hello Friday! how are you today? I am so happy it's Friday! If you are reading this between 11 and 1 pm on Friday, I am wrapping presents for kids at my son's school.... probably highly caffeinated, that is the only way I can tolerate more than 4 kids at one time.
I'm linking up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness for the Friday Five 2.0. Theme today is items I wish I hadn't purchased.... not a hate post, this items simply didn't work for me .... can we say a collective Ouch? most involved chaffing and/ or blisters.
1. Feetures Socks - I bought this ones at my local running store. My running store didn't have any Injinjis, so I sucked up and picked up the Feetures. This socks will give me blisters no matter how long I run, how much Vaseline I put on my toes or which shoes I'm wearing. This have become regular walking socks. Never running in them again.
2. This Brooks Sneakers- Back in March of this year, I was training for my first marathon, and was sure that buying Brooks sneakers would make me a better runner... I have no idea where I got this idea.... So I ordered a pair of Brooks Pure Flow on line and waited for the best. The shoes were ok, but felt heavier than my Nike Free. I wore them in a few long runs, and ended up getting a pain in the bottom of my right foot after 6 miles. This shoes are now my "trail running shoes". Note to Self: Shoes don't make you a better runner, Running makes you a better runner.
3. This sports Bra- It was wonderful for training and long runs in the humidity, it was cheap too. It got me through BIH Half, without any issues! This sports bra was the perfection I had been looking for in a Sports Bra, until the Philly R'n'R Half marathon, when it chaffed my boob so badly, that it scarred.
4. This Nike Hat- I bought it with a set of gloves last year, but the gloves were stolen from me. The hat has a seam that rubs my forehead.... I guess that's what I get for having a big forehead!
And ONE thing I'm on the fence about
5. . This shorts- I love this shorts.... but they give me a wedgie, and they chaffed my leg at Philly R'n'R Half too. But they make me feel fast and light. I also hate the overly decorated top of them, but I hide it with my black tops.
What are your favorite socks?
Do you have a sports bra that went Rogue?
How do you keep your shorts from giving you wedgies?