Week In Review - The One With The Bugs

Happy Sunday! I hope you had a productive weekend!



Workouts
Monday: 3 miles easy
Thursday: 5 miles (3 easy, 2 tempo) and core
Friday- 4 miles (2 of hill repeats, 1 warm up , 1 cool down) and weights
Saturday - 12 miles progressive long run
Sunday - Weights and core


On Monday, I met Roger at the YMCA to run on the treadmill. Part of me is so tired of the treadmill, and another part is so happy to be watching Gossip Girl... I should be more ashamed of wanting to watch Gossip Girl, but it is one of my favorite shows. Judge me, but I will still watch the show, and you should watch it too.

On Wednesday we were scheduled to have snow and sleet. Our office was closed and school did too. I had big plans, we were going to be lazy and do some laundry, maybe bake a pound cake... until I noticed my son starching his head with a lot of force. I asked him to let me check his head, and there it was, every parent nightmare, lice!!

I was ready to burn the house, move to another country, in another continent, possibly in another planet... but it was snowing.

And like that, my day went into frantic cleaning mode. I made two trips to the grocery store for lice treatments, and cleaning supplies. I did not sit down longer than 10 minutes and cleaned EVERTHING!  and after doing the lice treatment on my son, his head was checked 3 times.

I feel so gross admitting that my kid had lice, but after a lot of research, I know that it wasn't because we are dirty... We are not! Lice has been going around the community, and most recently in his classroom. Lice is just a part of childhood. And in case you were wondering, He has been clean of any stuff since Wednesday afternoon, and so am I. ( I did the lice treatment on myself, and did the brush on my own head.... those brushes are a nightmare, I pulled out a lot of my own hair, and my skull felt like it was on fire afterwards.)

The next day we had a delay, which was welcomed with a happy dance! 



We did hills on Friday... hills are mean. 




On Saturday we did our long run, because rain was expected most of Sunday. I was at mile 10, when the light drizzle started. I run in Hershey, by the hospital and we often see people walking the trail we run. This day I saw a young man, walking back to the apartments by the hospital from the grocery store, with what looked like Six grocery store bags. I passed him and he stopped to take a break. I ran about a half mile, and then ran back to offer him help. It was raining and I kept thinking I needed to get back to my car, but I also wanted to help him. He said he didn't need help. 


This is my "Caught in the rain 2 miles from the car" look

Hawk at mile 4


Currently Reading 
Last week I started The Power by Naomi Alderman. It's a sci-fi book, a genre that is not big on my list, but this was one of President Obama's favorite books last year, and based on his other picks, I knew this would be a good one. It is amazing! In this book, women have developed the power to send electricity through their hands, and they quickly become the powerful sex. I have laughed, cheered, cried, and wished for that power. 



How was your week ?

Having any delays or closings? 

What show do you watch on the treadmill? 



Comments

  1. Ugh, lice are such a pain! It's definitely not because you're dirty :) I remember having them as a kid too. I've never heard of that book but it sounds like it's right up my alley! I'm going to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember having lice as a kid too! It's normal!

      That book is so good! it gets really crazy, but in a crazy good interesting way.

      Delete
  2. I knew you'd go back to help the grocery guy. :) Whenever I see people walking with grocery bags I get depressed and feel guilty for having a car and taking for granted that I have a car.

    Don't worry, everyone knows just because you have lice doesn't mean you are dirty. When I was a kid both of my brothers got it but not me! It may have been that one of them got it at school and they shared a bedroom!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had actually helped him, I wouldn't have posted about it. But he refused the help! When I looked in his bags, he had a whole big box of chicken!

      I just felt so dirty! I needed to clean everything in his room! I had lice as a kid, but because my sister brought it home, and we shared a room. My Mom cut our hair really short after that.

      Delete

Post a Comment