Week In Review - 2nd Birthday

Happy Monday! and Happy President's Day, (is that a thing people say? )



Workouts
Tuesday - 4 easy miles and weights
Wednesday - 5 miles (1 warm up, 3 intervals, 1 cool down)
Friday- 11 miles progression
Sunday- 5 miles fartek


Last week I ordered a pair of Brooks sneakers, they were on sale for an excellent price. I had gotten the Pure Flow sneakers before, and liked how light and flexible they were. The arrived on Monday of last week, so I decided to try them for my run on Tuesday. Well, they were awful. I normally run on Nike Free 5.0, which are super light and super flexible. Going from them to the Pure Flows was horrible! they Pure Flows were clunky and stiff. I ran 1 mile and wobbled another mile back to my car to change. My feet hurt after the run... but that's what I get !

We also had fastnachts on Tuesday.




On Wednesday, I met up Roger for 5 Valentine's Day miles. We ran intervals, then went home and made Valentine's Day dinner at home. We love going out to eat, except for Valentine's day night.

 



On Friday we did our long run. It was scheduled to rain, but the weather was perfect for shorts and a short sleeve shirt!! We did end up getting some rain, and mud.


Friday was a really busy day, after our run, we quickly ate lunch and went home to change. After picking up my son, we headed to Delaware to meet my brothers to go see Black Panther.

The movie was amazing!! It can stand all on its own! I think more people should go see it, just because of its cultural significance.

The rest of the weekend was spent celebrating my nieces birthday and eating.
 
 
 


Currently Reading

Last week I finished on tough book, and that along with listening to the news really got me wishing for a lighter read. Luckily, the audiobook Uncommon Type by Tom Hanks came in yesterday, I will be listening to that one this week. But I am still looking for a physical book to read.




How was your week?

Did you have fastnachts?

how was your Valentine's Day ?




Comments

  1. I have no idea what a fastnacht is! I have never heard of it before!!! Going to look it up after this :).

    I need to go see Black Panther, can't believe I didn't go this weekend!

    Adam and I haven't gone out on Valentine's Day in many years too because it's so hectic. I kind of wanted to try it again this year but we didn't make reservations in time so we went the day after instead which was super nice because the restaurant wasn't crazy and the food was just as good I'm sure :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fastnacth is a Pennsylvania dutch treat. It's like a donut, but most of the time, they don't have a whole. They are delicious!

      I hope you get to see Black Panther soon! it was amazing!

      Delete
  2. I've heard good things about Tom Hanks' book!

    It's so odd how running shoes can seem perfect but then if you get used to a different pair/style, the other one ends up feeling terrible! Maybe you can use the Brooks for work or something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of keeping the brooks for walking to work, but I think I'm just going to return them.... I wasn't meant to be a brooks sneakers woman!!

      So far Tom Hank's book is going well.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a pretty good week! Too bad the new shoes didn't work out :( We saw Black Panther on Sunday and I absolutely loved it. It had so many different levels and I feel like I'm going to need to see it again to catch everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Panther was sooo good!! I'm still not over how good it was.

      Delete
  4. Can you return the shoes???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, returning them this week.

      Delete

Post a Comment