Friday Five - Birthday Weekend

Happy Friday!! how was your week? I am so glad we are in February now, because all the celebrations in this house are just getting started. This month, the family has 3 birthdays! This weekend, we are celebrating Roger's birthday... now, I won't tell you how old he is, just know he is a middle school ahead of me in wisdom. 

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .




Today, in honor of Roger's birthday, I'm sharing with you 5 Roger Facts.  

1. He is a Fifth degree black belt on Aikido. He has been doing the Japanese martial art for 28 years, and is currently teaching it 1 day a week. He attends seminars each year, and we are currently negotiating seminars for the Spring. 







2. He has a very interesting heritage. When I met him, it was confusing... a man who spoke perfect English, and perfect Spanish with a cuban accent, but a German last name? my world was a lot smaller 18 years ago. Roger is German-Panamanian, who grew up in Miami Florida, raised by a Cuban mother. 


3. He is very fit. Before I met Roger, I didn't know anybody who regularly went to the gym, who watched what they ate, and had so many different flavors of protein powders. Roger has been very active all his life, he was a cheerleader in High School, and taught gymnastics in college. All his knowledge about fitness and the gym has been a huge improvement to my life!





4. We share a love for coffee. We are coffee soulmates... (who first had to marry somebody else to find each other... but that story requires some wine, or strong coffee ). He understands and respects my need for coffee early in the morning. I understand that he needs a double espresso in the morning, before he can be asked to go for a 10 mile run. 




Drinking a venti Frap... that was probably mine

5. He makes my life better- Above all, Roger is supportive, understanding and devoted to our life together. We have both learned things from each other, we have a relationship in which we can give and take, without keeping a tab or favors or wins. He comes with me to races, I go with him to seminars, we read books, we watch TV, we are raising my son, We need each other, but we can also do things on our own without guilt trips. 





Tell me about your significant other !! 

What food favorites do you share? 

What do you like to do together? 

Have you told him/her that you love him/her today? 

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday, Roger!!! I'm glad you found such a supportive partner. I know I only got to hang with him once when we had dinner, but I like Roger a lot. That's cool he was a cheerleader in HS! How will you celebrate his bday this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HBD Roger!

    That's so nice that you found someone who is your equal and a great partner in life. I feel the same way about Adam. We need each other and have shared interests, but we also have interests and hobbies outside of each other. For instance, we both love watching basketball, but Adam hates running and I can't wait to be running again! He is also a very good cat dad and that makes me happy :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three birthdays, that's a great month :) Happy birthday to Roger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Roger!
    My husband's name is Jon and we definitely share a love for all kinds of foods. Cooking and trying new restaurants is our favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment