Firday Five - Sleeping In

Happy Friday! I am very glad that it's Friday, because in my mind, we are almost done with February... only in my mind though.

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .


We have had a very snowy week here, and with that come delays, and days off.  So far this week, I only had to get up before the sun two days. But, even that felt like too many days!



When I go to wake up, this are the first five thoughts that go through my head when the alarm goes off.

1. What day is it? - Every single that when I first start to wake up, my head starts doing very complicated math... what day of the week is it? what did I do the night before? how much longer do I need to stay in bed before I HAVE to get up? Am I sure it's really Monday? how can I verify it's Monday without opening my eyes ?

2. What time is it? - There has been many times when my body wakes up at 3 am, and it wants to get up... but I need to know what time it really is, and if I can stay in bed longer... There have been times when I wake up 20 minutes past my alarm clock, and this leads me to my next question....

3. Can I call off work today? - I hardly ever call off work, the only thing that is guaranteed to keep me home, is if my son has a school closure or if he is sick. But those thoughts of calling off to sleep all day go through my brain every single work day.

4. Is my son with me? - It is a divorced Mom's torture to wake up wondering this. But it is something I always need to know before I get up on any given day. There are days that my son wakes me up, and that answers all of the questions above... Weekend, hopefully 7:30, and can't call off from being a Mom.

5. Where am I? There has been a few times when I wake up and truly have no idea where I am, even while on my own bed. Mostly because I was really tired the night before... and once because I had a lot of wine.


How about you?

What questions go through your head when you first wake up?

Are you a bright and early riser?

What motivates you to get out of bed?

Comments

  1. I've been waking up really early lately. I don't know what's up with that. But I've also been feeling anxious when I wake up. I'm hoping it's just a hormonal thing and will pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! that really sucks!! I hope you figure out what is causing the anxiety.

      Delete
  2. Today was the only day we had a full day of school. The first thing I've been thinking lately when I wake up is "do we have a delay"? Unfortunately or fortunately I think I see full days of school in our future ( unless all this snow makes a flood..lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The best part of winter is delays and school closings, it makes the winter more bearable.

      Delete
  3. I am an early riser and usually wake up before my alarm! I end up thinking about random things before I even realize Im awake. Then I either try to fall back to sleep or just get up and get the day started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire early risers so much! and you go and do all your work outs before work! that's amazing!

      Delete
  4. I wake up most days before my alarm (which is set for 5:20). Last week, when I woke up for my fist #5at5 in awhile, the alarm at 4:20 totally freaked me out LOL My thoughts were..."What was that noise" (the alarm), and "WHY?" (oh yeah, to run!). Then then the hubby was like, "What are you doing getting up so early?" (he's very forgetful and groggy in the early morning LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You early risers and earl work out wonders are amazing to me!!

      Delete
  5. When you have to call off or go in late because of school delay or closure, do you have to take a sick day? Personal day? What does his dad do if he's with his dad and there is a snow day?

    The best is when I wake up on a Saturday and for a split second think it is NOT Saturday and then realize it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My employer gives us just days off, they are not classified at sick or personal, we can just take them whenever. The agreement with my son's Dad is that whomever is with him that day, is in charge of taking care of him... so if my son has a delay when he is with his Dad, it's all on him. If he is sick on my day, it's all on me. Does that make sense? Because our custody schedule is 2-2-3, neither of us will miss more than 2 days of work at a time.

      You are right, that is the best part of Saturday!

      Delete
    2. yup, makes sense!

      Delete
  6. I sometimes panic that I've forgotten something on my schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate!! I have gotten out of bed to register for races, because I don't want to miss the low price.

      Delete
  7. You are funny Karen! I used to ask myself the same question when I had a dog... how much do I like having a dog? I just wanted to stay in bed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment