Take me to Brazil and Sing to Me On Portuguese

I have often heard from Spanish speakers that people who speak Portuguese sound like they are speaking a dirty and rude Spanish... I learned in 2014, that Portuguese speakers feel the same way about people who speak Spanish, like we are speaking a dirty Portuguese. My family all feels this way, except for me. I find Portuguese to be a beautiful language, and I love listening to Brazilian Portuguese music. 

One night, back in 2013 I came home very upset from work. I had been passed up for a promotion, and in hopes to lift my spirit, I went to two hours of Zumba, and came home on an emotional high of all the exercise. I came into my empty apartment, and in the complete dark, I looked up different Brazilian songs, and bought 5 different samba songs and listened to them on full volume until I fell asleep. And since that night, people singing on Portuguese soothes me. 

I have learned that Brazil has many genres of music, like any country. Most people associate Samba and Bossa Nova Jazz with Brazil, and those songs are amazing, but this are my current favorite soothing songs. 



I grew up listening to this song in Spanish, it wasn't until recently that I learned that Roberto Carlos is from Brazil! I love the way his voice sounds singing in Portuguese.... I'm repeating myself... let's just assume I love all this singers.




I hate that I can't dance Samba, but I still scream to this song on the car. It's hard to stay in a bad mood when listening to this song, try it... 5 times will change a bad mood.




Anitta is my current absolute favorite right now! I love her voice and her amazing dance moves. I want to be Anitta when I grow up.

This are just 3 of many wonderful Brazilian songs. I don't speak Portuguese, but I just got a book from the library that promised me fluency in 1 month... and I am a believer!! Obrigado!


Do you have any soothing songs?

Did you have a snow day today?

Comments

  1. Oh yes we had a snow day. :)

    I love the intro to the Amigo song! It sounds so 70s!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I love those 70s orchestra music on songs!! It makes me nostalgic.

      Delete

Post a Comment