Week in Review- Celebrations!

Happy Super Bowl night! are you watching the game tonight? I am not. I don't support the NFL, and watching football makes me very sleepy. 


Workouts 
Tuesday - 3 miles easy + weights 
Wednesday - 4 miles of hill repeats
Friday - 11 miles long run + easy core 
Sunday - 4 miles recovery weighs 

On Tuesday morning we woke up to a 2 hour delay for my son, I love 2 hour delays ! It's a chance to sleep in and stress out at work the rest of the day! After I dropped off my son, the workday was just crazy busy. 

Wednesday Roger had us try a different hill repeat work out. We had to run up a hill 2, 3, and 4 times, then backwards. It was exhausting! and that night was really cold too... but he says that will help us with speed. 

On Friday, we were supposed to run 11 miles, and we woke up to 20F degree temperatures, with wind and a real feel of 5. So we decided to do our run at the Treadmill. At times, it felt like it was not going to be possible to finish, but I kept telling myself to run 1 mile at a time. 4 Gossip Girl episodes later, 11 miles were done! The pain of completing those 11 miles was sooo good... and so painful. It's been a little bit since I ran that long. 




On Saturday, it was all about Roger and his birthday. He picked to drive to Lancaster for a day of eating. We had lunch at Bird in Hand, hung out for a little bit at Kitchen Kettle Village, and finished the day at Lititiz, with beer and a giant dessert! 




After, we stoped at Aaron's books, one of my son's favorite bookstores. He always finds a book to read there, and I found a few that I wanted to add to my library ( Sylvia Plath's Bell Jar, Abraham Verguese Cutting for Stone, and a few others), but I have too many other books I need to catch up with. 



Sunday was another snowy day, and back to the treadmill. I tried to play with the speed and the elevation on the treadmill, but my heart was not into running inside again. I pushed to finish the 4 miles, because I just wanted to go home. 

Currently Reading 

I will be starting Exit West by Mohsim Hamid, and because my heart and brain need a light read, I will be also starting Jennifer Lopez book, True Love. 




How was your week?

What books to you want to add to your library?

Did you watch the Super Bowl?



Comments

  1. I certainly did watch the super bowl!

    We SHOULD have had a delay on Tuesday as the roads were horrible and not everyone even made it to work on time. Now today we have a delay and I did not know so I am here 2 hours early. Yea, i'm not too happy about that but not much sense in driving home since it takes me a half hour to get here.

    I just finished a book called "Blue" which was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Did you catch any funny commercials?

      oh no!! Do you get a call when there is a delay? I would be mad if I had to be at work for those 2 hours! but you are a good woman!!

      What is Blue about?

      Delete
  2. So many treadmill miles! I really wanted to run this morning but it was too icy. I could have gone to the gym but just didn't feel like it. I am glad Roger had a great birthday! I watched Pink and JT but not the game. I'm not into football. But Paul and his friends were rooting for the Eagles so I am glad they won. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am becoming very good friends with that treadmill at the Y! I get possessive if anybody is on it... like they don't know it's MY treadmill! I had to get the run done, and I'm a chicken about feeling cold.

      I know a lot of people who were rooting for the Eagles, I'm glad they won. I can't stand JT!!

      Delete
  3. Way to go with those 11 miles on the treadmill! It's hard to do long runs inside, I've only made it through with Netflix. I didn't watch the super bowl. We had a coupon for a free on demand movie we needed to use before it expired so we watched the Big Sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I watched Gossip Girl on Netflix, that made it bearable. how was the movie? I just saw it got good reviews.

      Delete
  4. 11 miles on the treadmill, that's impressive! Way to go!
    What a great birthday lunch!

    We did watch the Super Bowl this time (although we are usually not into football) and it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment