Happy Friday! how are you ? Guess What? I'm in charge of my entire office today!! I hope that I don't accidentally set the entire place on fire today! I guess that also means less bloggy and more worky Ana today....
I'm joining the Friday 5 Link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness .
This Monday, it will be my 11 year anniversary at my job. Lucky for me, I'm still here! and today I am going to share with you 5 things about my job.
1. The people who I work with are amazing! Everybody who works here has a passion for helping others, and we each have different talents to make that happen. While I might not be the best at doing presentations in front of a group of people, I know my co-worker is and will shine at his job. Yes, sometimes there is the one person who I get into disagreements with, but at the end of the day, I still admire her work.
2. I can explain almost anything with a chart and a spreadsheet. Everything I know about excel, I learned while teaching it in a program I worked at. All of those skills helped me survive and succeed at my current job. I enjoy excel so much, that I have made a chart and a spreadsheet during a fight with Roger... #truestory.
3. I grew up in this place. I remember clearly my first day of working here, I walked in here as if I owned the place... most mornings I will walk in with that same attitude. But looking back, it is so clear that I was very immature, dumb and over confident.
4. I respect people of cash assistance. We have a rule at our office, we can get mad and annoyed at our participants and talk about how much we are irritated by their arguments with us... but if you don't work at/with our program, you can't judge them, or speak badly about them to us. We will defend them and shame those to attack them.
It irritates me when people immediately judge a single mom on welfare! The comments are always the same, they are lazy, they are indecent, the are drug addicts, they are trying to take advantage of the system... and they should all suck it up and go get a job.... STOP!! Most of our participants are hard working individuals that have fallen on hard times! Their school system failed to give them skills, they live in difficult situations with little or no support from family or friends, and in many communities, there is no way out of those circumstances. And to add to the pain, the amount of money they get in a month is shameful! it is not enough to support a family, or to pay bills.... We spend more having the president traveling to his beach resort in one weekend, yet hardly anybody complains about that! ....
5. My job is stressful, but I enjoy the challenge. There is 1 week per month in which I'm scrambling around to finish audits and turn in all the work... that is not the stressful part, that is what I do and am good at. The stress comes when other supervisors question my work with no reason... but that over confidence I talked about earlier helps... I enjoy knowing that the audits are going to be passed and I can once again show that the work here is good.
How is your Friday going?
What is the longest you have been at a job?
What is one challenging task at your job?
Tell me about a random talent of yours.