Happy Friday!! How is your day going?
I'm joining the Friday 5 Link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness. The theme today is Summer Spots.
I am fortunate to get every other Friday off from work, and this allows me to spend extra time with my son on fun trips in the summer. Last year, our goal was to have a trip for each of the Fridays, that would not cost us too much money.... Mommy has to save money for all the races she signs up for... This year, we hope to replicate that.
Here are 5 places we plan to visit this summer that won't break the bank.
1. Philadelphia Pa. I have visited Philadelphia multiple times in my life, it's a beautiful city with a lot of things to do. We hope to visit Reading Market, the Liberty Bell and Penn's Landing. The only cost I'm associating with this trip is the driving, parking and eating. My son is a picky eater, so we pack what he likes to eat and occasionally he will request a chicken tender... which I happily feed him, because protein... fried protein still counts, right?
2. Knoebels Park- This amazing park is a must see in PA, we only have to pay for the rides we want to do, and our food, which I love, because I don't like rides... they make me sick... (Side story, once I got in the carrousel with my son in Hershey Park in the morning, I was dizzy the rest of the day and no fun to be around ).
3. New Jersey Beach- Roger does an Aikido seminar every summer, and while he practices aikido in a room full of sweaty people in Gis, my son and I sit at the beach having ice creams, and fighting about having to walk back to the car, and why he won't eat the cup of expensive grapes he made me buy him at Wawa.
4. Sesame Place- This is going to be our most expensive trip this summer, that is why I am saving it until August. When my niece was a baby, I promised my sister that I would take my niece to Sesame Place, and my sister is due to have another baby this July... so before I can't afford the trip to Sesame Place, I'm taking my 2 nieces and my son to Sesame Place. I secretly love Sesame Place, but I hate puppets. Yes, I prefer human size monsters that can be punched on the face if needed.
5. Hiking and Canoeing- Is it starting to feel like I mention canoeing every Friday now? Yes, probably. But it's gonna happen.. and now that I've said it twice, it has to happen.
DREAM VACATION- I would love to visit my hometown in Mexico, and I would love to take my son to see where I grew up. There are multiple things that have to line up for this to happen, ( i.e. My ex-husband has to agree to me taking our son out of the country and flight tickets have to be affordable .. along with a few other ) If I manage this, you will all be the 3rd group of people I tell!
Lastly, how do I squeeze workouts during this trips... I don't. My schedule is moved around on the days around the trip. At most, I will carry all the bags and my niece, which should count as weight training.
Do you like Puppets?
Who was your favorite Sesame Street character?
Do you remember your summers off from school as a child?
What is your dream vacation?