I'm joining the Friday 5 Link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness. The theme today is Summer Treats.
As I have told you before, I enjoy the summer, the sunshine, the heat, the long days! I generally live life harder in summer, than in other season... here are my 5 summer indulgences
1. The Sun- Summer has been around for barely 2 days, and my running tan game is going strong, stronger than in any other year! My feet are white, my neck has the racer back lines and my legs are pale where my shorts end. It is glorious!! And I love how long the days are!!
2. The Heat- I really should say the sweating! I know the most people hate the sweating and the constant heat, but I love basking on the misery of the heat and sweat!! *** somebody remind me of this words in a month, when I will be likely cursing the heat.
3. The clothes- My days at work are spend on dress black pants, dress shirt and a jacket... I don't do dresses or skirts at work ( shoes are a very complicated and sensitive issue for me ) So, for the time I'm not dress for work, I love my shorts and tanks... most of them still in black, but it is so nice to only wear one ( or two) layers of clothing in the summer!
4. The food - Two words that bring me all the joy in the summer - Pasta Salad! I could live my days eating mountains of pasta salad! My current favorite is a strange variation of a greek pasta salad I came up with.
5. Time Outside with my son - As mentioned in previous post, I have day trips planned with my son for the rest of the summer, I just love the Fridays that we get to travel and explore places.
I am sorry I've been away, work has been busy, and we had a little surprise this week, I'll tell you more next week. Overall, I'm tired and glad to be off work this Friday!!
How is your summer going?
Is your runner tan game strong ?
What is your favorite pasta salad?
what adventures are you up to this summer?