Weekly Wrap 4.9.17

Happy Wednesday! This week it's  my son's spring break, and we are doing random small adventures, that are keeping me from the computer. I'm a little late with my weekly wrap, but here it goes.

Workouts
Monday- 3 easy miles and weights
Saturday - Hershey 10K
Sunday- 9 easy miles.

On Monday, I met up with my friend Jodi for a short run, and some life talk. We had such a great conversation! I know there is no pictures, but it did happen!

Thursday, I met up my sister in Philadelphia for a show. We went to see Cabaret, it was the first time she saw it, and she thought it was weird... but I loved it! I loved spending time with her, and having a night out in the theater, it makes me feel like a grown up.




Unfortunately, this caused me to lose some sleep. I took the train in to work from Chester County Pa, but felt like I was the Walking Dead after work! My body only wanted to sleep and drink water.

On Saturday, I had the hardest time getting up for the 10K. For the first time ever, I thought "I am not getting up for this race". However, I sucked it up and remembered the commitment to my sister, who was also running the 10K, and told myself that the regret of skipping the race would be something difficult to be over.




Of course, I had such a great time at the 10K with my sister, and got to meet Meranda, who was so sweet to me !

After the race, and lots of food, Roger and I headed to the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville Pa. It was very emotional, but well worth the trip.


I go to work for 2 days this week, and I'm excited to have Good Friday off! In Mexico we don't really celebrate Easter, most of our family gatherings happens on Friday and Saturday.

How is your week going?
Anybody else having Spring Break?
Who gets off from work for Good Friday?

Comments

  1. I love running with friends! I'm glad you forced yourself up for the race. Our Spring Break was a couple of weeks ago, and then we have another 4 day long weekend this weekend for Easter. I swear kids go to school 50% of the days that we went when we were their age! It seems like they're always at home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running with friends makes the distances seem shorter! I love that!

      Wow! Two spring breaks! that's awesome!! I know!! my son seems to go to less school than I did!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you had a pretty full day on Saturday! I'm so glad you noticed me at the race! Can't wait to read your recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I didn't even say I went to my son's baseball practice!! It was so nice to see you at the race! working on the recap now!

      Delete
  3. I heard CV had off all week! Obviously us, not so much. I think our kids go to school 189 days. Sounds like it's different from Suzy's situation! I looooove Cabaret! I was in it once but quit like two weeks before opening night. I was Frauline Kost and a Kit Kat girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! it was supposed to be all last week and today, but today turned into a make up day.

      I loved cabaret!! the new version reminded me a lot of Chicago!

      Delete
    2. I was telling my sister of your amazing singing skills and how you could totally be a broadway performer!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh enjoy your day off tomorrow! I have to work a full day tomorrow but then I'm on vacation for a week! :D Whooooo I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !! I hope you are having a great vacation !!

      Delete

Post a Comment