I'm joining the Friday 5 Link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness and Marcia for Runfessions.
1. I didn't feel like racing! A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned wanting to do a 5 mile race in Valley Forge. I was super excited for it on the weeks leading up to it, but come sign up day and I couldn't bring myself to sing up for it. I runfess that I had no desire to do this race when it came time to sing up! this is not normal for me. Instead, we enjoyed a 10 mile run that was slow and easy.
2. Challenge Me- 98% of my job is sitting at my desk reviewing files. If I don't make it a point to get up, I can go 3-4 hours without moving from my chair. In January, my Fitbit fell apart, and it felt dumb to keep wearing it, so I took it off. I've been tracking my steps with my Garmin 230, which increases my amount of steps day to day, and I runfess that I don't want to turn off that feature, because I enjoy challenging myself each day to do more steps. My longest streak of meeting my goal right now is 10 days.
3. I looked it up- Does anybody remember that my ex-husband and his fiancé did the same 10K that Roger and I did? and how I was freaking out about it? Yeah... I barely remember that too. Anyway, I runfess that a few days after the race, I looked up their results.... *insert smug face here*... that's all I'm going to say. (** Feel free to judge me, I already judged myself ** )
4. All I want for Mother's Day is to run- My family and Roger have asked me what I want for Mother's Day, they were not very excited at my mention of running a half marathon, but my sister agreed to keep an eye on my son, and to maybe even run the 5k with him ! I runfess that I want my son to run the 5K, because we could get an extra "token" for running as Mother and Son. But I also don't want to force him to run.
5. Please don't Plan my schedule! I am typically all about running races with family, and recently my sister started asking me what races I had planned for the fall, I told her my list and she said she wants to do all of them with me. She then commented me to do night races with her in Philadelphia this summer, and I runfess that as much as I love my sister and running with her... I don't want to travel to Philly for night races. Races in Philly involve travel, and more money than races in Central PA. She was not happy when I told her. Ooops!
Bonus runfession: During baseball season, I cannot avoid eating the concession stand hot dogs! I don't eat Hot Dogs any other time of the year!
I feel better now... This runfessing always takes so many thoughts out of my head!
What are you doing for Mother's Day?
Are you ready for the weekend?
Do you stalk anybody's race results?
What is the Concession stand food that you can't avoid?