My Life as a Musical -Gettysburg Marathon Playlist

I have a confession to make, I am a runner who sings at races... yup! adding another level of crazy to this awesome package of a runner! When running the Hershey Half, I sang most of the race to keep myself from overthinking. Last Sunday, my mp3 blessed me with lots of songs from Musicals, most of which I sang... so here are some of the jams that will be making an appearance in my Gettysburg Marathon playlist



Who am I? ( Jean Valjean Soliloquy) by Hugh Jackman- I've loved Les Miserables since I was around 11, and when the movie came out, you better believe I was the first in line at my local movie theater to see it. I love Colm Wilkinson, and know that we are destined to be together... but this version when Jackman cries brings me all the feelings.

Stars by Phillip Quast- Les Miserables 10th Anniversary Concert.

Don't Rain On My Parade by Barbara Streisand.

Seasons of Love- by the Cast of Rent. This song hit me hard after my grandmother passed last year, but when I run, I remember her and dedicate my runs to her.

Defying Gravity, by Idina Menzel. I have loved Idina Menzel since I saw her in Rent.

Time Of My Life by Bill Medley, Jennifer Warnes. I know this is not a musical, but I've dreamed of  doing an  impromptu amazing dance performance in the middle of a big event... and having a partner who can dance like Patrick Swayze. A girl can dream! Plus, what is more exciting than hearing "I've had the time of my life, No I've never felt this way before".


All That Jazz by Catherine Zeta Jones - this is one of my all time favorite movies!

Office Krupke by the cast of West Side Story- I don't know what it is about this song, but I love it!

Singing In The Rain by Gene Kelly- My son and I are currently trying to learn the choreo to this song.
 








Comments

  1. Sometimes I talk to myself. I don't sing as I figure other runners near me are probably already in enough pain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raquelita, I only sing loudly when there isn't anybody around me... It helps me with my overthinking !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment