Friday Five - My Five Gettysburg Marathon Goals

The time is here! Gettysburg Marathon is 2 days away! I am sitting down and writing down my goals, because it will help me visualize what I will be doing. I want to take a moment to Thank so many of you who have stopped by here and given me encouragement and support on my Marathon Training, and My Marathon goals.

This Week I'm linking up with DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) Please Stop by their sites and check out other amazing runners giving their Top 5s!



1. Have fun and enjoy the Marathon. Back in April 5th, Holly from HoHo Runs commented this on one of my post
 
 
And The fact that this is My first Marathon and to have fun have stuck with me. And currently ignoring the fact that the Marathon is hilly for the first 11 miles.
 
2. Run for as long as I can. My longest run was 20 miles, which were a mix of running and some walking, and I felt good afterwards. The longest I have run non stop was 15 miles at a 10:30 pace, and at the Washington RnR Half 13.1 miles at a 8:58 pace. I am hoping to run 15 miles non stop, and will go from there.... I'm not opposed to taking walking breaks!



3. I have no real time goal. My time goal is to finish this marathon. My Garmin race predictor says I could do the Marathon in 3:36:24... Excuse me while I laugh at how crazy that sounds... but I'm assuming my Garmin is expecting for me to do my best race ever, in a flat course,  perfect weather day with rainbows, unicorns and flying shoes!



I have since plugged in my numbers at a few Race Prediction Races. Runners World said 4:25:20, and I'm ok with that. But if I finish at a longer time, I'm ok with that too.

4. See Roger cross the finish line. We have been training for Gettysburg since December, and this is also his first Marathon. A year ago, this sounded impossible



5. Remember that I am running for those who no longer can. Dedicating my marathon to my Grandmother, Grandfather and my Nephew, all who are no longer with us.

 
 
I told my family about my Marathon, but I'm not sure if anybody is coming to see me. My mom will be arriving back from Mexico that afternoon, so she will for sure not see me. My Dad doesn't come to my races. Not sure about my sisters, they only asked when it was and where. My son will be with his Dad, I might ask him if he will drive him to see me run, but I'm not counting on it. My brothers can't come. Roger will be with me.  

Also, A few other awesome runner Bloggers running this weekend.. may your feet be light, your lungs strong and your hearts happy!

Wendy- Big Sur Marathon
Megan- Movie Madness Half Marathon
Chaitali - 5K


And now please excuse me as I am off to...



This is my last Post until After the Marathon, but if you are interested, you can follow me on Instagram @lusoto.

Comments

  1. Good luck at your first marathon.. very exciting. Great goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky ! Thanks for stopping by !

      Delete
  2. BIG HUGS, Ana! You are a superstar and you are going to do AWESOME this Sunday! I love all of your goals, too - they are all realistic and very achievable. I especially love your goal to have fun. You worked so hard for this day, now it's your time to go out there and reap the benefits of all those strong efforts! I wish you a FABULOUS race!!!

    Yay for Instagram! I just followed you (I'm @Emmers712)!!! Can't wait to see all your pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily!! Followed you too !

      Delete
  3. GOOD LUCK! I will be send out positive energy for you on Sunday! I googled your marathon and the course sounds ahhmazing! What a great course for your first time. I think your goals are great ones, and even though he may not be there, your son will surely be your biggest motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene!! He was a huge inspiration ! I remembered your word during the marathon ! Thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. Good luck this weekend love your goals and the weather looks great too.Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah! Markings for your course are already up!!

      Delete
  5. Definitely enjoy it!

    Race calculators never really work for me, but I usually have some idea from my training. First goal is always to finish uninjured!

    LOL at the unicorns. :)

    Good luck! Run happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! Race calculator was waay off !

      I can only wish for unicorns!

      Delete
  6. Go get it, Ana!!!! I hope you have tons of fun at your race!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very exciting ! You know I just ran my first one and loved every second of it. Holly was right, you will never have another FIRST marathon. For me, it was about the finish line and not the finish time. HAVE FUN !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a GREAT time!! You're ready for this! Just put one foot in front of the other and you'll get there! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn ! I tell myself the same thing when the run gets hard, just one foot in front of the other!!

      Delete
  9. These are great goals - especially to enjoy the day! I am doing my 10 miler "alone" tomorrow but that's OK. I can enjoy the experience and hang out afterwards as long as I want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Coco!! I hope you had an awesome 10 miler ! Will check for a race recap !

      Delete
  10. So exciting! These are wonderful race goals, and you're going to have an amazing time. I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck today! Looks like you'll have some great weather for today's race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn! It was an amazing day!!

      Delete
  12. Oh good luck! I hope the race went well today!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment