Week In Review 12.3.17

 
Happy Monday! Countdown to Christmas and New Years is ON!! Also the countdown to meet all the yearly mileage goals.... I am about to give up that goal for the year.



Workouts
Monday - Hills - 2 miles
Thursday - 3 tempo miles
Friday - 5 miles Fartlek
Sunday - 6 miles tempo

I am so excited to report that on Monday, I finally got a lot of Christmas shopping done! Lots of deals for Cyber Monday led me to buy a lot of things on my family's wish list. Now it's just a wait for packages, I LOVE getting packages in the mail!

After work, we ran some hills. I was ready for a 4 mile run, but Roger said we only had to do hill intervals. I don't like it when we have to do short runs, if I'm going to spend 15 getting dressed, I need to be running at least 4 miles.

Thursday I headed to Fleet Feet with the goal of running 4 miles. Those got cut down to 3, because it started to rain. I wasn't worried about the rain, but the droplets and the dark make it very hard to see while wearing my glasses. 


On Friday I did 5 miles in Camp Hill. Roger let me borrow his new running flashy vest, it was weird, but it looked really cool.

For the last 3 years, I have been meeting my family at a mall to finish up our Christmas shopping. This Saturday was our schedule Mall Day. I took my niece to watch her, while my sisters "peacefully" shopped for their presents. We were having fun, until she decided that she was done with me telling her what to do, and she melted down to the floor.


 
My other niece and I held hands while walking



Things got better for a little bit, and we rented a fire truck stroller from the mall. And My niece got mad at me again, because I made her sit with her seatbelt on the stroller.... she was so happy to see her other Aunt!!

On Saturday a shirt I bought for my son arrived, while I was excited for its arrival, I was disappointed to find it had a typo.


Can you find the Typo?
 
On Sunday Roger and I did a short run, and right after I headed home to change, because I was meeting my sisters to go see Kinky Boots at the Hershey Theater. I found this video of Land Of Lola a long time ago, and I've been obsessed with it, so I just HAD to go see the show.







Currently Reading

Last week, while reading Eleanor Oliphant, I started to miss Craig Fergusson a lot, and I went and ordered his audiobook from the Library, American On Purpose.



Have you had your coffee for today yet?

Do you have a favorite holiday cookie?

What is your favorite Broadway musical?



Comments

  1. Did you enjoy Kinky Boots? I saw it earlier in the year and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Loved Kinky Boots!! But I could have used a lot more Lola singing and dancing, and less of the other lead. Our Lola was an amazing singer!

      Delete
  2. My friend was actually working at the Theater as an Usher for Kinky Boots!

    Wow, on that shirt. How was it spelled when you ordered it? Are you going to tell the company about their mistake. Hopefully they can fix it and print another batch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! That is so cool!! The Ushers were very helpful to us, we couldn't find out seats, because Hershey Theater didn't warn us that the show was about to start, and we showed up half way through the first song.

      The excitement of online shopping prevented me from seeing the typo on the shirt before. I'm going to write a review and contact target. My son loved the shirt, so we are going to fix it and keep it.

      Delete
  3. Is it the apostrophe that is wrong? Hmmmm black magic marker?? lol. No return it!

    I'm glad you got to see Kinky Boots! I think I would like that show.

    I love getting packages in the mail too. I am expected one for Paul soon. I got him a Tesla sweatshirt. All the dudes putting up our solar panels wore them and he wanted some swag too. Well, apparently Tesla doesn't just hand out swag, you have to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to do exactly that! fix it with black sharpie, because my son loves it.

      It was a great show... however, the show could have used a lot more Lola, Lola is my favorite!!

      That sounds like a great present! It doesn't make sense that they don't give out swag!! Car dealers used to give out stuff, right? maybe I'm remembering that wrong. My ex-husband used to have a Hummer shirt he got at a dealer, I think he got it for test driving a car.

      Delete

Post a Comment