Week In Review 12.10.17

Another week done! and another week closer to the new year. I know I sounded a little tired of the holiday on my last post, but I'm ready to admit that December is the most stressful month of the year for me. 

Before I get with my random whining, I want to say that watching and hearing about the fires in California this week, has been heartbreaking. Positive and healing thoughts to those suffering loss out there. 




Workouts 
Tuesday - Weights, and 3 miles tempo 
Friday - 5 miles easy 

This week, most of my orders arrived on the mail, and I got sorting and organizing things. But I didn't feel any enthusiasm to start wrapping presents. I have been feeling very lazy this past week, and really tired. This is why I don't like winter, the cold and the lack of sun get me all tired and cranky. 

Wednesday at the office was a very busy day. We had a holiday cookie meeting, this is a meeting with multiple agencies, and everybody brings cookies to share. We have been doing this for the last 3 years, and it's the one day we most look forward to. 



After that meeting, I had 3 more meetings to go to!! by the end of the day, my brain was tired of hearing people talking and not really saying anything. My brain needed a nap. I know a run would have made me feel better, but I couldn't talk myself into running. I don't remember what I did, but I remember I didn't regret it..... come to think of it, I vaguely remember falling asleep on the couch before 9:30. 

On Friday, after dropping off my son at school, Roger and I headed out for a quick 5 miler. It was a cold one! It feels that every year, my body forgets how cold it really gets in the winter. 

After that I ran to school to help out with the Holiday Shop. I felt like a hipster... I was wearing legging, a giant scarf ( a gift from my sister last year), and my knit hat.... not sure if was looking for like a hipster or a homeless woman. Anyway, I got to use this fancy machine to make letters and kept the moms away from me, because I smelled after the run. 


I made all those letters... somebody else made the rest of the board


On Saturday we were expecting snow, and we had planned for a day inside. But the snow didn't make an appearance, until we were tired of being inside and were going out. 

We ran into Santa on our way out. 



We picked up a couple pickle ornaments and an Amish ornament for my mom. 




Sunday was gift wrapping day. I finally figured out that I need my son to have wrapping inspiration. He helped me, and we got most of the gifts done!


My son and I also went for a lunch date, just me and him, eating and talking. I love that boy!



Currently Reading 

This popped up as a recommendation when I ordered my last book, and it has been a great read. The Awkward Thoughts of W. Kamau Bell by W Kamau Bell. 

 
Roger says that this week we will be starting real training, and finally getting more serious about running. I'm happy for it, because without a planned training, I stay at home and nap more than I need to. 

How was your week? 

Are you making cookies for the holiday? 

Who is having an office party? 


Comments

  1. You know what, I made some Christmas cookies in early Nov. but none since! Maybe next weekend. I'm glad most of your presents came and you got them wrapped. I'm sure that lowers your stress level a little. Where did you get the Amish and pickle ornaments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What cookies will you make? I'm going to make shortbread cookies this weekend.

      It did lower my stress for sure! now that is almost all done, and I don't have to worry about what else I need. Then I thought I lost one, and had to unwrap a couple of them.

      We got the ornaments at a Christmas shop in Intercourse PA. We had nothing to do, and we went there again this past Saturday.

      Delete
    2. You guys go everywhere! I'm gonna make jam coffee cake!

      Delete
  2. I can totally understand how December can be a stressful month for adults. I was thinking about that too but don't want to feel like that. Do you think it's the expectations? I too started wrapping gifts this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Last year I was in complete denial of the stress, and tried to make the best of everything, but I almost had a complete meltdown the day before Christmas.

      Yes, most of it is expectations. I feel so much pressure on having everything be perfect, that I always forget that I am the only one who wants perfection, and that I need to lower my own expectations.

      Delete
  3. I get most of my holiday gifts online and ship them straight to the recipient, so skip most of the wrapping that way :) We've got a little bit of wrapping to do for Mike's family this year but we'll wait until we're down there since we don't want to put wrapped gifts through TSA screening. I've listened to W Kamau Bell on several podcasts and really like him. I didn't know he had a book. Good to hear you like it, I may have to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great way of doing all the shopping!

      The W Kamau Bell book is so fantastic, it has made me cry a few times already. I didn't know who he was or about his podcast, and I am considering looking into them now.

      Delete

Post a Comment