Weekly Wrap- Lazy Week

Good morning! how are you? How is your day going?



Last week, I decided to take some time off from all work outs and just be lazy. I had some pain on the back of my heel during my last race, so I made the decision to just take off for a few days. And I am so glad I had so many days to read, rest and heal.

On Tuesday, I was going to go to Cardio Funk, but the terrible rain causes people to forget how to drive, and I didn't make it there on time. Instead, I went to the library, paid my fines and got my book.



I went home, and worked on dinner and on my book. Roger went to his martial arts class, and when he got back I was sitting on the exact same spot, but 80 pages into my book.

The rest of my week was busy with work, audits and more reading.

On Friday, I attended the Veteran's Assembly at my son's school. The event was packed and beautifully organized.



On Saturday we went to Lititz to hang out for the day. We went to a brewery for lunch and a beer. Where they served us chips and guacamole without cilantro!

 



Sunday was spent looking for more books. My son is almost done with the Captain Underpants series, I really proud of him!!

After I dropped off my son, Roger and I went for a quick 3 mile run. We did intervals and some track exercises. While we were there, we saw a hawk hanging out at one of the post. I haven't mentioned this before, but Roger LOVES to watch birds, and he took a few pictures of the hawk.



I have spent so many weeks of this year running and doing races. It has all been fantastic, but I know that my body needed some rest, and it was very much welcome. I thought I was getting burned out of running, but I still found myself missing going for a run and really missing out on racing. Harrisburg had their Marathon this past Sunday, and I would have loved to be part of the relay, but I was so happy to just sleep, have breakfast with Roger and my son and enjoy getting to know my couch.

Currently reading

I am almost done with this book, less time running is really just more time reading. I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika Sanchez. It has been a great book, really enjoying it... and almost done with it!



How was your week?

Who raced Vegas yesterday?

Are there Hawks where you live?



Comments

  1. I did not race Vegas yesterday but Did race it in 2014,,,lol. It was a good race but probably a one and done for me!

    Glad you enjoyed your relaxing weekend. It was a good one for it since it was a little colder outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep seeing that Vegas is a one and done. Maybe one year I will do it... maybe....!!

      It did turn out perfect, with this really cold days that just arrived here.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a good week of rest. :) Is your heal heeled? Paul loves looking at birds too! I am honestly not into birds at all. We have been to Lititz one time and definitely need to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heel felt fine on Sunday, it was the same pain I had before but it didn't slow me down. It only hurt when I ran.

      What is it about men and birds? When we go hiking, Roger will randomly ask me "What is that bird singing?" like I'm a bird walking encyclopedia, when the only bird I could 100% identify would be a chicken and maybe a turkey.

      Lititz has a few wineries in the main street, we are thinking about going back when my son is with his dad.

      Delete
  3. My boys loved the Captain Underpants series. I don't know if it's still there, but Dav Pilkey had a really cool website with a crazed hamster and a toilet video game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to look for it, my son is planning on reading everything Pilkey!

      Delete

Post a Comment