Weekly Wrap 11.5.17

Happy Monday! It is really wonderful to wake up to sun this morning, it makes it a little bit easier to get up!



Workouts
Monday: 6 easy miles
Thursday: 4 tempo miles with Fleet Feet
Saturday: Mushroom Cap Half Marathon
Sunday: Hero Run 5K
 
This week was busy and very enjoyable, but busy and tiring too... all good weeks are a little tiring.
 
On Tuesday my neighborhood had trick or treat. My son went as Bruce Springsteen, and I went as Guy Diamond from the movie Trolls, Roger went as a Born To Run runner.

Also on Tuesday, I found out somebody stole my Credit card information!! Luckily, my bank caught it, and blocked all transactions. The Crooks' biggest mistake, trying to pay his/her cable bill with my credit card... I don't have cable, and my bank seems to know that. 
 
A picture with The Boss

 
I made my own Trolls wig

 
On Thursday I ran with the Fleet Feet Group, they were doing a Turkey Trot Practice run. One of the local Turkey Trots added a separate division to the 5K, called the Turkey Trot Tri. The participants have to eat a personal pumpkin pie, and a glass of apple cider at the 1.55 mile of the race. Then run the rest of the race. Thursday was their practice run. I didn't participate on the eating, because I don't like pumpkin pie.
 
On Friday I met up with my brothers to go see Thor Ragnarok, and I loved it! I love all the Thor movies, mostly because they have Loki and I have a huge crush on Tom Hiddleston.
 
Saturday was the Mushroom Cap Half Marathon, this was the Half marathon I accidentally signed up for back in May... remember, I accidentally stood in line for 10 minutes waiting, and accidentally asked my brother to borrow money for pay for it.... It was a great race, but those hills never seemed to stop coming!
 
 
The race started a block away from my sister's bakery, so naturally I stopped there after the race for all the bread I could buy. My sister was not there, she was at my Mom's and my brother in law was out making a delivery.... I had to pay for my bread! and good thing, because I would have taken a lot more if they were there.
 
 
I met my brother for lunch at out favorite Japanese restaurant in Kennett, Lilly's. We had a delicious lunch!
 
My brother shared his sushi with me. I shared nothing with him, I was very hungry.

 
After lunch, I drove back home. The drive is only about 1.45 hours, but by the time I got home, I was really hungry again!!
 
On Sunday we were up bright and early again. I was so grateful for the extra hour of sleep with the Fall back hour change! But I had the Hero Run 5K that morning. My legs felt completely fine, and I was going as Frida Kahlo.
 
It takes a lot of work to become Frida!! and I skipped a few things!
 


 
 I was afraid my legs would be tired from the Half Marathon, but my legs felt fantastic the entire race!
 
I spent the rest of the day eating junk and reading.
 
 
My plan is to take the next few days off from running, maybe catch up with my books and maybe even go to a zumba class. I miss zumba so much!
 
Currently Reading
My sister let me borrow her log in for her local library, which has a ton more books than mine, so I borrowed We Should all Be Feminist by Cimamada Ngozi Adichie. And also reading Fairest by Marissa Meyer (The last of the Lunar Chronicles, which I was obsessed with).
 
 
 
 
 Did you dress up for Halloween?

What is your favorite Halloween Candy?

What is your favorite Pie Flavor? I only like Chocolate cream pie.

Did you enjoy your extra hour on Sunday?


 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. I love the Frida Kahlo outfit! That's awesome. We saw the Thor movie on Friday too, I loved it! I'm a big Tom Hiddleston fan too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! you are too kind!

      Isn't Tom Hiddleston the best part of the Thor movies !

      Delete
  2. Wow look at you doing two races back to back! My legs would have definitely been sore after running a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both were great races, and I'm so glad I did both! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I want to be you when I grow up. You eat all the food I want to eat, you run all the miles I want to run, you read all the books I want to read, and you go to Zumba. You, Roger, Paul and I should double date at Tokyo Diner sometime. I'll bring the wine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are waay too kind to me!! But I want to be you when I grow up!! You are so strong, smart and beautiful!

      Yes, let's do it! We'll talk!

      Delete
  4. Thank you Karen!! I got lucky that my legs were fine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment