Friday Five - Scary Things


Happy Friday! I hope your day is going awesome!


I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .

 

Halloween is past, and the days are getting darker, as a result some things look and feel scarier. Growing up, my grandfather would always tell me to not be afraid of the dark. His ideas stuck with me for most of my life. But yet, there are some things that are very scary as a grown up. Below is a countdown to the five things that frighten me most.

5. Boss to Me: Can we talk in private? - Whenever I hear this one, I immediately start going over in my head what I could have possibly done wrong, who complained? Who is unhappy with me? Most of the time, he just wants to ask me about a report he doesn't understand.

4. Abnormal noises while the car is moving - If one has driven a car for a few months, one knows almost all the screeches and whines a car makes, and for me, hearing a new thud or bump is terrifying, especially when I have my son in the car.

3. The School Phone call- My son has been going to daycare for most of his life, and those calls have never gotten any easier to deal with. As soon as the phone rings, and I recognize the phone from the school, I already know something is up. Rarely do they ever call to say how good my son is at sharing toys or at doing his homework.

2. "I'm sorry, your card has been declined"- Way back in the day when I was financially irresponsible, this didn't scare me... at all. Now, I know where most of my money goes, and hearing "your card has been declined" makes me question a lot of things... Did I pay my bills? Did I overdraw? Did I somebody steal my bank information? 

1. Phone calls after 10 pm and before 5:30 am - I already don't like it when somebody calls my phone, but those calls, You know the ones, it's 3:17 am, one is sleeping, comfy and with no worries on the world, then the phone rings. Those phone calls are only bad news.

Honorable mentions:

My son in the middle of the night : Mom, I can't sleep
At the Mechanics: The repair is going to cost at least $800
The Regional Supervisors : We have to do some layoffs.

Anyway, now that I have cheered you up for this Friday, What are things that scare you?





Comments

  1. Ugh, the odd noises from the car are never a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or the random flashing lights on the dashboard!! those "service engine soon".

      Delete
  2. That must have been a relief when the school called and told you your son was very well behaved. You are raising him well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That only happened once and it was perfection, I only wish they wouldn't have called in the middle of the day, while I was still at work, and due to go to a meeting.

      Delete
  3. We need to talk is always an alarming phrase regarless of whether it's from my boss or anyone I know! I get the feeling.

    Also, a call from anyone at off hours is definitely a no-go for me.

    Have a great weekend!
    The Fitness Bro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right!! We need to talk hardly ever leads anywhere good.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes...strange noises in the car (that never happen when the hubby is with me). I do not like scary movies...never have, never will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always come up with cool blog post topics!

    Isn't it interesting what kinds of things scare us at children and what kinds of things scare us as adults!? #5, 2, and 1 for me for sure! Also, getting raped/murdered scares me a lot. When one of my cats is not acting normal and I think they might be sick, that scares me a ton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a child, I was terrified of dying on a hurricane... hurricanes were not common in my part of Mexico.

      Yes!! pets not acting normal is one of the scariest things!! My cordy almost died of a bee sting.

      Delete
  6. Whenever I'm driving and I hit something in the road, I always worry that it's a person! How dumb is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there something you'd like to explain, Mrs. Rivard...? Haha ;)

      Delete
    2. OmG! Wendy!! Me too!!

      Delete
  7. Definitely #1 and #2. I am a teacher so whenever the principal calls me into her office I panic. My car is 10 years old so every noise scares them thinking that I will be left stranded in the middle of the car and wondering how much it will cost me to repair it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man!! the principal call!! that is even scarier! I want to know more about the principal / teacher working relationships!

      Delete
  8. The school phone call kills me. And I work closely with the school so I get phone calls often. But every time, my heart jumps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heart will always jump when it says School!! things happen and things are scary!

      Delete
  9. I know!! Car repairs are NEVER cheap!! And we need those cars to get around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment