Week In Review

Happy Monday! What a week I had! It felt like two whole weeks have gone by, and I loved all of it!



There wasn't much running, and I was making all sorts of excuse for myself, but then realized that there was no time for running and I'm still not training for anything, so gotta live it up now!

On Tuesday I had Megan over for Sangria and tacos, there is no pictures of it, but trust me, it did happen. We had a whole lot of sangria, and I think I was still a little bit drunk at work the next day.

Wednesday at work, was a busy day, I had a few things to get done, and an afternoon packed full of errands. I stopped at the library for stuff, then headed to Wegmans.... more like made the mistake of going to Wegmans, it was packed full ! Lucky for me, I had my sister on the phone who kept me calm while I shopped.

I also went to pick up my bib for the Turkey Trot, filled my tires, and got my haircut. Not sure how I accomplished so many things.



On Thursday, I sneaked out of my house before anybody was up and went to run the SMT Turkey Trot. The promise of breakfast from Dunkin Donuts got Roger to agree to watch my kid.

 


At the Turkey Trott, I got a picture with the River Runners, and with my friend Jenn, who recently started running. She and her son ran the Turkey Trot Tri, in which they have to eat a personal size pumpkin pie, drink a glass of apple cider and carry a pumpkin for the last 1.5 miles of the race.

We drove to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner after.

Oh I forgot... on the way there, Roger was adamant about stopping by a carwash, to run the car through the automatic car washer. Everything was going well, the car was covered in colorful foam, the brushes were rolling, until they didn't... the rollers stopped working and we were still stuck inside. After a call to the carwash place, I had to jump out of the car to push the emergency exit button!!

 

I just need to state for the record again, that I didn't want to stop at the car wash.

Here are a few family pics for Thanksgiving.

 




Friday was a lazy day, I took my niece and my son to Wal-Mart, because I needed to pick up some movies for presents. Those two together in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart are a riot!! My niece wanted every single toy that made noise, but got completely attached to a Zurg from Toy Story.

Later that night we went to see the Christmas Tree lighting and Parade in Kennett Square Pa, and we had crepes and coffee.




On Sunday we put up our Christmas tree, and one hour later, it fell to the floor and broke two ornaments.


It reminded me of how stressful it is to put up a Christmas tree... I'm so glad that's all done...

Currently Reading

I finished so many books in the previous weeks, that I gave myself permission to slack off last week, but now it's giving me anxiety and I feel I'm behind. Anyway, I'm reading Rabbit: The Autobiography of Ms. Pat by Patricia Williams and Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman.




The next few weeks are going to be stressful, between stress at work, and preparing for Christmas and the end of the year, there will be days that I feel exhausted, stressed and tired, but it's part of the holidays, and We will keep chugging along.



How was your Thanksgiving?

Have you ever gotten stuck in a car wash?

Did you put up your Christmas tree?





Comments

  1. Your new haircut looks great! Does your hair grow fast? I would NOT like getting stuck in a car wash. Did you get wet when you jumped out? You guys are all dolled up for Thanksgiving! Do you dress up for Christmas too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's shorter than I wanted again, but I can't change that!

      Yes, my hair grows fast, so it will be about 4 weeks for it to grow where I want it.

      Yes, we dress up for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I don't remember when that started, but we have been doing it for a few years.

      Delete
    2. and No, the car wash had stopped splashing water when I got out, the car was just covered in colorful foam.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great week, minus the part about getting stuck in a car wash! Your dress for Thanksgiving was so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! YOu are too kind!

      Delete
  3. OMG that's crazy about the car wash! At least you didn't have to get out with the soap or water still spraying everywhere! :D

    You look smokin in your Thanksgiving dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so strange! and I really had to pee, so it was even worst to be stuck.

      Thank you!! you are too nice to me!

      Delete
  4. Yes, the foam was so bright!! it looks so cool to see it on the glass.

    Tacos and Sangria next time you are in PA Karen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment