Weekly Wrap 8.20.17

Happy Monday! My son is off to his first day of school, and I am very happy and exited for him... but not for homework, I am never excited for homework. 





Workouts
Tuesday - weights (arms and abs) + 6 miles tempo run
Wednesday- 8 miles easy. 
Thursday - 2 morning miles
Sunday - 13 miles long run

On Tuesday, my son and I spent the day getting him the rest of the things he needed for school, which were a pack of sticky notes, patches for his book pack from last year and a box of crayons. School normally does a collection of items from all parents and if they need anything else, they send out an email. I bought a bucket load of things for the classroom last year, this year is his Dad's turn. 

Wednesday, after work I did a slow 8 miles. I ran from Camp Hill to Harrisburg, City Island specifically, because there was a baseball game and I knew the place would be full of people. 

Before I continue, some clarification. I am not afraid or worried about running in Harrisburg, I have ran there early in the morning, late in the afternoon, and a few times when it's already dark. This day as I ran out of City Island and stopped for a short walking break, some kids in bike came up to me, and did a high pitched scream in my hear, it startle me... as it would if anybody screams.... then they took off laughing in their bikes. I made me so angry that I ran up to them fast, to catch up to them. They had stopped by the Carousel, and I approached the one who had screamed at me and said in a very loud voice, while still running "Hey Punk, do not ever do that to me again! come near me again and I will push you off your bike!" and took off sprinting towards Camp Hill.... I am sure that run was fueled all by adrenaline. 

On Friday we went to my parents, because we were celebrating my birthday early. I had been lazy the entire day and didn't have more than 3K steps on my watch, and was sure that the step count would not go past 4K. But, I offered to help with my baby niece, who is a cryer! She does not like when the person holding her sits down! She is only happy walking around! I finished the night with 11K Steps, in about 4 hours. 

Saturday we drove to the beach and spent the day jumping the waves and eating. Later my family and I had a delicious cake my sister made. It caught me off guard, because my family rarely ever has cake for my birthday, last we had cake for my birthday was about 7 years ago. 




I struggled with my long run on Sunday, it was hot and I was tired. I almost quit at 12, but Roger pushed me to do 1 more mile. 

Currently Reading 

The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena. I'm almost done with it, and so far not surprised. 



I have a busy week coming up, with my birthday coming up, and another very important appointment at the end of the week. I don't want to say what the appointment is for, because I'm afraid of jinxing it, but come back Friday to find out why I'm being so vague and mysterious. 



When do your kids go back to school? 

Thank you Teachers for all you do!!

Do you have cake for your birthday? 




Comments

  1. Good luck with your appointment and happy birthday week! That's pretty funny that you got in so many steps walking with the baby :) I guess she knew she was helping you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for both! My niece does NOT like to sit still! it really blew me away the amount of steps I can walk in my own house!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday week! YAY for CAKE!!! Those stupid punk kids. THEY ARE MEAN! I had a group of kids throw a water balloon at me once from their car. Thankfully it didn't hit me. We still have 2 weeks left before school starts. SIGH....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      What? Somebody threw a balloon at you? how F'ing rude!!

      Stay strong! it's almost there!

      Delete
  3. {Probably (okay but really, not so probably, more like definitely)} would have lost my shit if kids did that to me. Like you best get your damn act together lest I pull you off that bike and hold onto you by the neck of your shirt until the police take you home to your parents. Maybe I overreact.

    My momma always makes a cake to celebrate my birthday even if it isn't exactly on my birthday.

    And good luck at your appt, I'll be anxious to hear what it's actually about since I am nebby.

    PS. The Couple Next Door for me was super meh. Hope you're enjoying it more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome Jessie!! I admire that you would get the kids off the bike and call the cops!! you are so badass!! I love it!

      Thank you!!

      The Couple Next Door was predictable and not well written...

      Delete
  4. Oh that book! So creepy and I didn't like any of the characters except the baby. But wow. I couldn' t put it down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, the only good character was the baby!! It was intriguing, but not very well written... but I did have to know what was going to happen next.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know your birthday was coming up!! I bet Sunday was a struggle because you didn't eat ENOUGH cake. We need to run again soon :) Good for you with standing up to those kids. It's amazing how nasty people can be sometimes. talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I did not have enough cake the night before!! I was hungry by mile 10!!

      I had never had any problems in city island!! that was a first!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you confronted the kids! You know me, I often confront HS kids at bus stops. :) Happy belated!!! I'm glad your family made it special for you! That is really nice of you and your ex to take turns buying classroom supplies. I *know* not everyone can afford to do that, but if those that pitch in when they can, everyone wins! I am currently dropping hints to my students to donate tissue boxes to the music room. Today I got two boxes! I can't wait to see how many boxes I get tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you get more tissue boxes! Do the other teachers share them?

      Delete
    2. I'm sure if I asked, but they would prob wonder why I wouldn't just spend a dollar and get my own!

      Delete
  7. I am glad I am not the only one who sees homework as punishment! last night at back to school night, one mom kept asking if the kids could get more homework, and I'm in the back going "No!! less homework!"

    Yums Peanut butter pie!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment