Friday Five 8.11.17
Happy Friday! how is your day going?
I'm joining the Friday 5 Link up with Running on Happy & Fairytales and Fitness. Todays' Theme is Running Friends and Family, so I will tell you about awesome races I've done with family and Friends.
1. Kennett Run - This was my first 5K in the USA, and my sister and I have been doing Kennett Run since 2012. The Kennett Run is a small local race, but it attracts a lot of people from the area. This race offers a great environment for the whole family.
2. Bird In Hand- I love the Bird In Hand Races! the atmosphere is friendly to runners, and to families. There is different distances offered, the Kids run, 5K on Friday, and a half marathon on Saturday morning. There is also a hot air balloon launch as the races are taking off, and that adds such a unique touch to the event. Also, on Friday night, the Pasta dinner is amazing!! and the Family Chicken BBQ after the Half marathon is divine!
3. Rock 'n' Roll Races- I love Rock 'n' Roll races!! I keep saying that I will only do one more, but I keep registering! I wish there was the time and money to do them all over the country! Anyway, RnR races are organized, and lots of fun. The bands along the course, the course support, the concerts, all make for great incentives for running with family and friends. RnR races are something you have to experience at least once in your life.
|Because of RnRDC I met Chaitali in person!|
4. Hershey Half / Kids Run- My Son LOVES the Hershey Half kids run! he also loves coming to cheer us on at the Half marathon. I love the memories of this hilly race, and hope to be there this year again.
5. Swatara Police Hero Run 5K- This race has been one of my favorite for years! This was also my son's first Kids Fun Run, which he still talks about it 3 years later. I ran this with my friend Jodi last year. This is also a small local race, but one in which we get so much more out of the experience and post race events.
I bet people get tired of how much I talk about Kennett Run and Bird in Hand, but they are such amazing races that I will not shut up about them!!
How is your Friday going?
Who is your favorite person to run with?
Have you met somebody awesome at races?