Week In Review - What humidity?

Happy Monday! how are you today ? I hope you are having a great day!

It has been another busy week, and countdown is on for back to school, so we are trying to cram all the fun activities into the last week of freedom.




Running

Some days it feels like my body is finally acclimated to the heat, others it's just a sweat fest. No matter.

At the end of my 5 mile run, there was a hawk observing the fields. 




I surprised myself with running 2 out of 5 miles at a 9 minute pace, but then blew it with the other 3 and almost walked a whole mile. I made the mistake of having a bad and heavy lunch, and that ruined my run in the heat. 

During the summer, my brother runs at least once with me. This time, we ran by his high school in very high humidity. 




I did my 15 mile run in 3 sections of 5 miles each. It was raining for most of the 15 miles, even though I took them in turns. Due to some double scheduling on my part, I was to run 15 miles the day my son was with me for the whole day. My sisters watched my kid for the first 10 in the morning, and Roger watched him for the last 5 in the afternoon. 

During my first 10 miles, I ran by my old High School; which is now the middle school 



and I also ran by the library where I used to work. They have added a whole new wing to it!! My friend Rachel and I used to hang out at the one room on the left on Tuesdays and order pizza while we chatted about everything !! We would then rush to put all the books away in the last 20 minutes of our shift. 



After I ran my 15 miles split up, I started to wonder if it was the same training effect to run 15 miles in one shot, or 3- 5 milers in one day. 

Mothering and The Weekend 

We are trying to squeeze in all the activities for the end of the summer that we planned in May! To complete the first part of our summer plans, we took the train to Lancaster. My son LOVED the train ride, one of this days we will take it all the way to NYC, he though the trip to Lancaster was too short. 




I dragged out my sister and brother with me to Turkey Hill experience. But that was a huge disappointment. We paid the $9.99 for each of us, but the place was really crowded with many others who were trying to squeeze their summers out. We did try a few ice creams, but not enough to make it worth the $10 for each of us. We would have been better off buying $40 worth of ice cream and taking it home. 




Then we were off to Intercourse for lunch. We were very shaken up by Turkey Hill experience, so no pictures were taken. 

On Saturday we made our annual day trip to Rehoboth DE.  My son loved playing not the waves, and it was so hot that the cold ocean water felt amazing. My nieces were not huge fans of the sand or the cold water. 



All the driving was exhausting! 

Currently Reading 

I finally finished Harry Potter again!! I love those books so much! and just in time, The Immortalist by Chloe Benjamin arrived from the library! 



How is your week going? 


Comments

  1. It definitely sounds like you're squeezing the most out of your Summer! That's great that you got in a run with your brother :) But too bad about the Turkey Hill visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother is a great motivator for running, but he is very fast, I can't keep up with him.

      Delete
  2. HOW DO YOU DO ALL OF THIS IN ONE WEEK? Do you get tired?

    I am sorry, I laughed twice reading about your Turkey Hill experience. The first time is when you said you should have just bought $40 worth of ice cream. The second time was when you said you were "shaken". :)

    My dad is a car inspector for Amtrak! On the weekends, he works Sat. If you went to Lancaster on Sat, he inspected the train you were on to make sure it was safe to travel!

    Humidity is no joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tired at the end of the day, but I re-charge with seep and keep going. I feel like summer is so short, and I need to get everything in!!

      It was a disaster! I should have read the reviews and avoid Turkey Hill completely!

      We went on Friday, I looked for your dad, but didn't see him. He would have been scared if I went up to him and said "Hey! I know your daughter!!"

      Delete

Post a Comment