Common misconceptions- The Color of Clothes

Ever since I can remember, I have always liked the color black. It's my most favorite color, if I had to guess an age, I would say since I was about 10. My mom hated that I wore dark colors, and would not buy me things in black, thinking that if she prohibited for me, I would eventually grow out of it... of course, this only made me want to wear black even more.

This of course means that I wear black most of the time, especially at work. Some of the newer people that I work with, don't know how to deal with my wearing black all the time, and some have asked me very strange questions about it. And today, I want to clarify and laugh at some of the common misconceptions people make about me, because I wear black. This are all real questions that I have been asked.




" Here, I saw this coupon for the Paranormal circus and thought this looked liked your type of thing... you know, because you wear all black, all the time"- A coworker recently said this to me, I smiled politely and took the coupon, and when she wasn't looking I threw it in the garbage. I have no idea what the paranormal circus is, but I had no interest on it.

"Do you love horror movies?" No, I don't, not even a little bit. I avoid horror movies, because I don't see the entertainment value on them. I prefer comedies. 

"Are you depressed? You wear a lot of black, it looks like you are depressed" Uhm.. no, on the contrary, I wear black because it makes me feel comfortable and happy.  If I was forced to wear yellow, orange or brown, then I would feel really sad and miserable.

"Do you hate your job? is that why you wear black all the time?" No, I don't hate my job. My job is the work that I do to pay the bills, some days I feel accomplished at it, some days when the supervisors give me a hard time, I am unhappy about it. But I don't hate my job. If I hated it, I would be somewhere else.

" Do you like workship satan or vampires? Cause you always wear black" No, I do not worship Satan... and also not a vampire. I don't like bright rooms, but I have plenty of evidence that I can stand in direct sunlight and not turn into a pile of dust or sparkle.

"Do you own clothes in any other color?" Yes, but not many. I am most comfortable wearing black. I do only 1 load of light colors, and that is about every other week, and most of those are either race shirts or things people gave me.

"You must only listen to heavy metal music, cause you wear all black" No, I enjoy Rock mostly Rock en Espanol, Reaguetton, salsa, pop, broadway tunes. I don't do heavy metal music.

It feels so good to get those rambling thoughts out of my own head.

Comments

  1. I love that picture of you!!! :) It is odd people assume all those things about you because you wear all black. If I saw someone in black all the time, and I didn't work with them, I would think maybe they worked somewhere that they had to where all black. Like at a theater, a server, or really anything. That's the only thing I think I would wonder about if someone wore all black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know when that picture is from! I think it was during winter or when it was raining.

      My sister used to work at Macys' and they had to wear black all the time, I thought it was the best uniform ever!!

      Delete
  2. This is so funny yet totally unreasonable for people to be asking you this based on the color of your clothes! Black is so sleek and classic and it looks good on everyone! You rock your black clothes Ana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think that Black is the most elegant color too!!

      Delete

Post a Comment