Week in Review - Beachy Days


We are getting ready to countdown to school starting... we don't want to... but we have to. This summer has been amazing, busy and very hot.


 
Running
 
Last I checked, I am 5 weeks from my summer half marathon. I am confident to be able to run/walk the 13 miles, and will not be breaking any records, because I expect that day will be very hot. But I do want to get my nutrition together... I love fries more than I love running fast.
 
During one of my tempoish runs, I saw deer. I don't like deer.... but saw them in time to slow down to send a picture to Roger. Deer are full of ticks and cause car accidents, that's why I don't like them.
 
 
 
This weekly review is all about the views of my runs... I was rushing to finish my run because this clouds were looming over me. I'm not scared of the rain, but rain makes it very difficult to see while wearing glasses.
 
 
 
 
I also broke in my new running shoes.
 
 
 
Sunday's run was a tough one. It was really hot and humid, and more than anything I just wanted to eat ice cream and watch TV.


 
Mothering
 
Last week we did our annual New Jersey trip. Roger attends his Aikido seminars, while my son and I play at the pool and the beach. He loves playing in all the water so much!
 
 
 
 
 
 
After we got back from New Jersey, we went to my parents for the Cochranville Carnival. We have been going to this carnival for about 20 years. My Dad really likes going, and we enjoy taking the kids.
 
We couldn't get everybody to look at the camera at the same time

 While we were at the Carnival, we ran into a woman that my mom and I used to work with. She told us that the woman who used to be our supervisor had recently passed away. It was very sad to hear, she was very young. She was my second boss, and I admired so much that she was a woman!

Weights

I have been severely slacking on my weights, there just hasn't been any time to do weights. But when I get home today, I will dedicate time to do my weights.

Currently Reading

Once I started Harry Potter again, I had to just finish the series. So I'm listening to Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. I will consider it my light reading for the summer.




 
 
 

Comments

  1. There you are! I figured you were busy having fun and I was right. When does the little guy go back? I go on the 20th then the kids come on the 23rd. Which NJ beach do yas go to? Those clouds are no joke! I am scared of storms. I was at TJ MAxx the other day and booked it home when I got an alert on my phone for severe thunderstorms, then nothing happened!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This summer has been kicking my butt!! It has been constantly busy

      My son goes back to school on the 27th... It feels like he is the last one going back to school, everybody seems to be going back earlier.

      We went to Ventnor NJ. It's right next to Atlantic City, but a lot quieter.

      are you ready to go back to school?

      Delete

Post a Comment