Week In Review - Finding a Balance

Happy Sunday!! how is your day going? 

This week was another stressful one at work, lots of work to do and training a new employee added a lot of work to my days. 

Running 

We are at that time of the year where no matter where, or when we run, we will be dripping in sweat.

I finally went to my eye doctor and will be back at running on my contacts again ! So on my first day with contacts I ran 3 tempo miles. All the adrenaline of the excitement of my contacts gave me an extra boost and I ran 9 minute miles! 



It feels I'm finally adapting to the heat, because I had another really good run on Thursday. 

On Saturday we were on our way to our 4 mile run to Hershey, when I told Roger that I had a really stressful week at work, and that when stress hits, I go to my happy place, Chestnut Hill PA and imagine myself having pizza and cider at their market. and He said "We should go there after our run" and I answered " We should go there and run at Wissahickon Valley park and then go for pizza" and he said "Ok, let's do that!". It was so worth it! My first two miles were on the 9's. 




For Sunday's long run, we went to Pine Grove State Park. 2 miles in, we ran by the entrance to Pole Steeple Overlook, and we hiked up to it. We are suckers for overlooks !





Mothering 

With school days getting closer, we had to start buying school stuff. We took a trip to Target to get some clothes and a few supplies. I am not ready for school to start again... but I am running out of vacation time... so maybe. 

On my day with my boy last week, we headed to Lititiz Pa. We have gone several times, but not since the spring and my boy asked to go. We did our usual rounds stopping at the bookstore, the candy store, the pretzel shop, lunch at the Pub and coffee. 





Currently Reading

I'm still with Harry Potter! I am really enjoying all the details I missed last time. 





Comments

  1. Roger is perfect for you! I love how his first instinct was to take you to the place you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is! I told him that I really appreciated him! I also got him pizza, that should tell him that I love him!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had some great runs in spite of the work stress and the heat! I'm sure the contacts helped :) I hate running with my glasses on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gotten so used to running with glasses now, I didn't even know how to act with contacts! The world is so clear now!

      Delete

Post a Comment