Week In Review - Last of Vacation

Happy Tuesday! how are you today?




Last week was my son's last week of summer vacation and I took a few days to do the last of our summer activities. This week was jam packed with fun and some rest.

Running

This week my running was close to home, because Roger was helping me with watching over my son.

Tuesday- Easy 3 miles.


Friday- Intervals for a total of 5 miles. My son ran 1.5 miles with me. He is pretty fast, and made me run faster to keep up with him.



Saturday - 3.6 birthday miles


For my birthday, we went to Wissahickon Valley Park. My son ate a nutella with cookie sticks before, so he had a chocolate face.


Sunday- 9 slow long in the morning and 4 slow and humid afternoon miles.


I saw a Hawk hunt his breakfast during my long run.

I ran loops around a 1 mile paved path, it felt like a test to my mental strength.

My biggest accomplishment is that the miles got done!

Mothering and Vacation

We had a few things schedule for this week, and one trip to make up.

My sisters invited me and my son to see Bollywood Boulevard, A Journey Through Hindi Cinema in Longwood Gardens. And I dragged my son out to see it, he wasn't really excited about it, especially because it was raining. 



The show was soo good!! The dancers were so amazing and the singers were very talented.






Last week, my sister and I had scheduled a trip to Dutch Wonderland, but due to some other scheduling conflicts, we rescheduled for Wednesday of last week. When we showed up to Dutch Wonderland, it was closed due to flooding. I guess we were not destined to visit Dutch Wonderland this summer!  Instead we headed to Hershey Park with my son and my niece. 







The next day we went to DelGrosso Park. It had not been planned to do 2 amusement parks in one week, it's just the way that it worked out. 

Delgrosso was a lot smaller than Hershey, and quite enjoyable. 






Delgrosso is similar Knoebels, where you pay only for the rides you do, but for the admission price to the water park, one can do the regular rides too. It's a lot smaller than Knoebels, but still very enjoyable. I really like the park and the size of both, the water park and the rides. 

To wrap up the week, we went to Chestnut Hill for my birthday. I ran my 3.6 miles, we hiked a little, the we went for pizza, Beer, jerked chicken and ice cream. 







It was such a wonderful week!! My bank agrees that it was fun, but it is now asking me to stay home for a month to make up those expenses. 

And as a bonus, here is my flat fourth grader! Ready for all the 4th grade action!




Currently Reading 

Still with The Immortalist by Choe Benjamin. So far it's ok.




How is your week going? 

I'm wide awake at midnight... and I have to be up at 6:00 am!! This is going to hurt tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday! How cool that your son went for a run with you :) And that it was a 2 theme park week! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really amazing week!! I should make it a point to go to more amusement parks!

      Delete
  2. Omg, flat 4th grader! I love it! I love water parks, maybe Paul and I should try Del Grosso. You guys really squeezed a lot in the last week! How is your little guy liking school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boy is ok with 4th grade so far... he thinks the math is hard, but I think he will warm up to it. Going from sleeping in and amusement parks to getting up early and having to sit still has to be a challenge.

      YOu should for sure check out Del Grosso! their water park is so awesome!

      Delete

Post a Comment