Week In Review

Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a fantastic start!



Workouts
Monday - 4 miles tempo + 20 min weights
Thursday - 2 miles, 45 min Zumba and 15 min weights
Friday- 6 miles tempo
Saturday - 2 mile hike
Sunday - 4 mile walk

On Monday I watched in complete awe all the runners in Boston. Those conditions were brutal, yet story after story, so many amazing people completed the race! I also proudly watched Des Linden win the race... well, not so much watched as saw Twitter updates.

One would think that after seeing those amazing stories of people running 26.2 miles in the rain, I would be motivated to run outside, but I wasn't. It was cold and rainy, I wanted to run, but I didn't' want to hate it. I ran loops at the small track at the Y. 66 loops exactly!


On Thursday I went for my citizenship ceremony, it was a really cool event and I was very glad to have my family there with me.


After my son's baseball was cancelled, I went for a 2 mile run, then zumba at the Y. I really needed to dance to really loud music, and that Zumba session did not disappoint.

Friday was a 6 mile day. It was a beautiful day for running, and we enjoyed this run very much! the weather was perfect and the run felt good.

On Saturday we headed to Hawk Mountain for a short hike. It was supposed to be the end of migration for hawks, but we didn't see any Hawks. The views of the overlooks were still amazing though!




We also went to have dinner with Megan, but we didn't take pictures because the time flew by talking and eating... It is always amazing to hang out with really cool people!!

On Sunday we went for a walk, and after getting home, I played Frisbee with my son.



The next race that I am registered for is a 5K in 4 weeks, I should be training harder, but I have been feeling very lazy this month. Maybe now that the weather is more enjoyable I will pick it up and get moving more.

Currently Reading

I really enjoyed A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman, and Wendy recommended Bear Town by the same author.



I hope you had an awesome week!

Did you find the Boston runners amazing for putting up with the tough weather conditions?






Comments

  1. I didn't watch Boston, so I didn't know how tough the conditions were this year until I read about it! I can't believe you ran 66 laps on that indoor track! I never actually walked or ran on that track when I was a member for the Y. I remember sort of seeing it through the door though on my way up to the workout room. We had so much fun with you and Roger! I wish we had taken pictures. I just finished the guac this morning for breakfast. I ate it with a spoon on my way to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow a lot of runners on Instagram, and I kept hearing about the conditions, it looked horrible!

      It's a small indoor track, and I needed to run that day. I counted them in sections of 16.

      That guac was really good!! We couldn't stop eating it!!

      Delete
    2. I wish avocados weren't so expensive! You guy have to come over for back yard fun this summer.Back yard fun = booze, laughs, fire pit, food.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the citizenship ceremony! That's great news and cool that you were able to have family there with you :) 66 laps on that track is pretty impressive too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I was very happy to have my family there, they are all pretty awesome!

      Delete

Post a Comment